PDA

View Full Version : Scared Of Abuse.

Ruby94
06-02-10, 22:44
So my past relationships have always been bad, ive been punched and strangled and everything horrific. Ive gotten over that with counciling and ive been in a relationship since August last year. But i still get upset and scared that everytime me and my other half have a fight and he gets angry im scared hes going to hurt me so i will lock myself in places untill someone comes home.. he hasnt picked up on this yet. But its brought me to lack of sleep. He does have a short fuse and anger problems and i try not to fall out with him but with someone with a short fuse .. its hard right? So im scared hes going to lash out and hurt me. Does anyone else have this problem? Ruby.

suzy-sue
06-02-10, 22:59
He needs to know how you feel Ruby .Perhaps he could ask the Dr for a refferal to an anger management course ?.Living with someone with these issues after what you have already lived through is detrimental to your own health and well being ..Ive been there and got the t/shirt ..I got out ,before It WAS TOO LATE ..t/c Sue x

nic77
07-02-10, 11:42
Have you told him about your past bad relationships? ive also had the same sort of thing happen to me and i got out thankfully .But if i was you i would try and sit down and have a chat with him about his temper and how it makes you feel .i can understand how your feeling as well as i ended up with another abusive partner but he did get help and all is fine now im not trying to scare you im just trying to say if he gets help he maybe able to sort himself out and learn to deal with it
good luck i hope it works out ok

snippy
07-02-10, 20:45
H hun my heart goes out to you,,,,,,I was in loads of abusive relationships, to the point that i believed it was me causing it,,,i was so scared in letting people know how i felt,,,,,sometimes your sub con attracts you to people like that,,,you need to tell your partner how you feel and what happened in the past,,,you need to learn to trust hun,,its not easy, but you have to try,,if he is the one he will understand hun xxxxx

take care

:hugs:

Snippy xxx