PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram really works for my fear???

Torombolo
07-02-10, 03:34
Hello my name is bernardo i am 38 years old
i have suffered anxiety and depression since i remember, i mean since i was a kid, this problem has caused me a lot of problems in my life; now i have been taking citalopram 40 mg for about 17 days and don't feel any change in my sintoms i am very afraid about everything and i have my anxiety to the # 10 level, sometimes i want to cry but i can't, also i am very afraid, and i am not sure if this medication really is going to work against my fear.
Does anyone here taking this medication that can tell me if works for fear and anxiety? please a have received a few advises but no one has told me if this medication really works and how long takes to work????thank you:weep::weep:

martbarr
07-02-10, 12:39
Hello my name is bernardo i am 38 years old
i have suffered anxiety and depression since i remeber i mean since i was a kid, this problem has caused me a lot of problems in my life now i have been taking citalopram 40 mg for about 17 days and don't feel any change in my sintoms i am very afraid about everything and my anxiety to the # 10 level, sometimes i want to cry but i can't also i am very afraid, and i am not sure if this medication really is going to work against my fear does anyone here taking this medication that can tell me if works for fear . and anxiety please a have received a few advises but no one has told me if this medication really works and how long takes to work????thank you:weep::weep:

Hi Torombolo

40mg us quite a high starting dose.
Most here seem to start at 10 or 20mg.

You will need to be on it for 3 months at least in order to let it take effect, and then at least a further 3 months in order to take advantage.
Some find it best to stay on it much longer.

At 17 days you are still getting it into your system, and you will need to patient for a good deal longer yet. I started feeling a little better in my 3rd week, and am hoping for a lot more yet.

But, yes, there is a good possibility that it will help you feel less anxious/fearful as time goes on. But sadly there are no guarantees, and I would advise you to work closely with your health professionals rather than try to do it all on your own.

Best wishes
Martin

Torombolo
07-02-10, 16:37
Thank you very much for your aswer martin , can i ask you if you dont mind for how long have you been on citalopram?? and if you know if ,the medication works can i stay on it for whole my :yesyes:life???

martbarr
07-02-10, 17:11
Thank you very much for your aswer martin , can i sak you if you dont mind for how long have you been on citalopram?? and if you know if ,the medication works can stay on it for whole my :yesyes:life???

Hi - I'm only a beginner - just ending my 3rd week.

Been a lifelong sufferer from anxiety though!

I do know some people who are on it for life yes, so I think that's a possibility if it works.

Cheers
Martin

Torombolo
07-02-10, 17:36
excellent news, thanks,

Jannie2948
07-02-10, 17:46
Hi, I've been on it for 3 months now and I am on 20mg. I do feel a lot better. Still have the odd bad day where I feel anxious but nothing like I was. I also take vitamins and eat a very healthy diet. The first couple of weeks on them were pretty awful, heightened by anxiety and lost lot of weight because could not eat properly. My main anxiety is about my health so I still have bad feelings now and again but I usually manage to get through them and hope that the longer I am on them the better I will feel. I also had diazapam in the beginning to get me through the really bad days. Hope you too will feel the benefit of them soon.

Good luck
Jannie x x

NoPoet
07-02-10, 18:04
Hi, I didn't realise they started you on 40mg -- that must have been quite a shock to the system. Relax though, it's still too early to say whether or not the medication will help you. The benefits tend to take 4-6 weeks before you really notice them. I think I mentioned this in another thread. In the meantime other therapies such as counselling or anxiety management are essential. Medication helps but it is most effective when combined with talking therapy. Medication eases the emotional pain, talking therapies help you resolve the problems causing the emotional pain. Have a look at my citalopram survival guide for more information.

Bluebelle
07-02-10, 18:44
I am on 40mg as well and have been since May 2009- I can tell you citalopram along with talking to a councillor and reading self help books - it has changed my life !

Initially I was terrified to try "drugs" of any kind- I am into organic and natural blah blah blah- but I swear by these western pharmaceuticals .

I love citalopram !

I had no side affects and - I am able to function better than I ever have- it took a very long time and I didn't notice the change but suddenly I was leaving the house (was housebound) making phone calls , DRIVING -doing everything I coldn't do and now doing it with NO anxiety.

Hang in there !

Torombolo
07-02-10, 19:59
Thank you Bluebelle
for your aswer, can i ask you if you dont mind, are you taking it for anxiety or drepression because i have both but also i have panic and fear all the time and i am all the time in my house because this fear , so my question is does citalopram really helps for my fear????do you have panic attacks too??:shrug:

AJS
07-02-10, 21:02
Hi Torombolo
I am fairly new to panic attacks and anxiety - it all started in october. I had times that i was out in the street in my pj's trying to get air because i couldn't breathe, wanted to go to hospital, thought i would be better off checked in to mental health hospital, constant doom feeling with recurring panic attacks, couldn't sleep, couldn't eat.

I am on week 9 of citalopram and I would say they took around 6 weeks to start working properly - looking back it has been a very gradual improvement, week by week I got a little bit better. The first 2 weeks were not good at all, next 2 a bit better and so on.

I am now at the stage where i have managed to go back to work, can sleep at night and eat (too much!!!) I am still having the odd anxiety attack or feeling coming over me - somedays none - other days a few times - but it is much more bearable.

I hope this helps and I hope you are starting to feel better soon - it seems like a long way you have to go but every day will get better!

AJS

Torombolo
07-02-10, 21:18
Thank you very much AJS for your answer:yesyes:

burberrygirl72
08-02-10, 22:36
hi i have been on cit since october starting from 5 now up to 30mg and i can tell you they have changed my life i can go out and have fun with my friends again this med has saved my life

burberrygirl72
08-02-10, 22:39
i also had bad panic attacks and severe dp cause i couldnt leave the house go out on my own etc i no do the things i done befor panic struck honestly they changed my life and hopfully they will for you stick with them but it does take a while to kick in and feel the full potetial of them

Torombolo
08-02-10, 22:42
thank you burberrygirl72 for your answer :yesyes:

Torombolo
09-02-10, 00:48
are you currently taking citalopram?? how many miligrams ?? is it working for fear?? how long to start working????:scared15:

NotResponding
09-02-10, 02:45
I used to take it. First in 10mg, then up to 20mg. Probably takes 4-7 days before you'll notice it, I wouldn't rely on it heavily, I mean it takes the edge off, but dosent cure it. You have to do other stuff like learning about yourself, and remembering childhood or whatever. I remember being in town (my anxiety situation) and feeling completely odd that I wasn't feeling anxious.
Was used as a "step up" to start the recovery process.
There are some side effects also, sometimes I was a little constipated, feeling of numbness.
Personally, I dont think they are very strong.

- The fear will still be there, just less intense, which is more encouraging to get better.

Torombolo
09-02-10, 03:06
so ,what you mean is that the fear that i feel now is going to stay even if i take the medication??? and for how long have you been in the medication??? because right now my big issue is my fear that keeps me in home all the time:ohmy::ohmy:

Torombolo
09-02-10, 03:08
Do you take the citalopram for anxiety or depression ??:weep:

Torombolo
09-02-10, 03:45
Can anyone can tell more about citalopram???:unsure:

JT69
09-02-10, 17:06
Hi, I took cit for a number of years and it really helped me with fear and anxiety....just takes time to work. I used to be in the supermarket and feel like I needed to dump my basket and run out. It helped take all that away, and I would probably sweat a little and feel a little anxious but you will conquer it with the help of the meds. Unfortunately for me they have stopped working and I have had to change to mirtazipine, hoping they will help me as I have been to hell the last few months. Hope this helps. Good luck. Jo.

Torombolo
09-02-10, 20:17
Thanks jt 69 for anwer me but can i ask you a question???if you dont mind?? For how long you took citalopram??? how many miligrams???
how long to start to work for fear and depression ??? and mirtazapine is working better than citalopram?? is mirtazapine a little sedant too i mean does make feel a little relax too??:unsure::unsure::unsure:

JT69
10-02-10, 13:12
Hi Torombolo
This last period I have taken citalopram for around 5 months but as it did not seem very successfull for me my GP changed me to mirtazapine last Friday. With the cit I started on 10ml as I knew from taking it previously it makes you feel worse before you start to feel better so the lower the dose the less side effects. I took 10ml for 1 week then went up to 20ml which I took for 8 weeks I went through the awful stage of starting the drug which lasted around a week (increased anxiety being the worse for me). After the 8 weeks I went up to 30ml and then finally 40ml (I have never previously being on this high dose 30 being the highest in the past). I did feel a little better but I was too up and down...would have a week of feeling o.k then a few days of feeling crap again hence the GP changing me to Mirtazipine. Mirtazipine does make you sleep really well and feel very drowsy for the most of the day and it increases your appetite, but I am new to this and am desperate for anyone to help me by telling me when this will wear off. I am also experiencing awful side effects from the withdrawel of citalopram (feels like brain zaps but going all through my body) this is because I came off the meds in the space of a week, I just wonder how long this will last. Is the the first time you have taken any meds??? Citalopram is a good drug and when it worked for me it did really help, I did take it previously for a number of years on a low dose to prevent a re-lapse and found I could cope with work etc when I had a bad spell. I am off work at the moment and have been for almost 4 months now, I am just hoping that these side effects soon disappear so I can return to work and get on with my life. Hope this helps and if you want to ask ANYTHING else please do and I will help you if I can. Good Luck. Jo.

cabbytoes
10-02-10, 18:13
I'm the same as AJS. I'm in my 6th week of citalopram and have made gradual improvements. In the last week I've had a couple of days of nothing at all .... and other days only spells of anxiety and not at the crippling stage it was before.
I've taken this drug before and it does work but you do have to be patient.
Stick with it.
Carol x

NotResponding
11-02-10, 01:15
Oh sry Torombolo, didn't want to worry you, I'll tell you that after 5-10 days you will start to feel releif. I did 10mg every two days, then everyday, then 20mg daily, for a few months. I have heard of some people doing 40 or 60mg daily.

It really will help, i said it felt odd, because it was just weird to NOT feel so anxious in town. But if you can't get out of the house, then that is what it's for, as a stepping stone to start the recovery process. It just wasn't for me personally. I didn't feel it was very strong, it only took the edge off for me, and I didn't like the side effects.

I would say, as you could be "stuck", to go ahead and give them a go, you will definitely feel some releif of the ol anxiety.
Good luck with it anyway :)

Hey, if you do decide to take it, post up on here how it's going.

Torombolo
13-02-10, 20:47
Well thank you for you answer , and yess i am thinking on may be change medication or have and extra one i mean 2 a the same time because i am very worry just with this one i have been for more that tree weeks and i don't feel a change , i am still very nervous about everything and 2 days ago i had a panic attack just watching tv, and when i have to talk to anyone about something important i start to feel very nervous and anxious so i think this medication is not enough or stronger enough???? i really don't know but is not working , can anyone tell me which medication is better than this or what can i do?? please:shrug::shrug::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep: :weep::weep::weep:
Note: my depression still the same and i heard that with this medication the first thing that you improve is your depression then your anxiety so??:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

JT69
14-02-10, 13:06
Hi Torombolo, You probably need to give the citalopram a bit longer to get into your system before you feel the real benefit from it. Having taken this medication on and off in the past, for me I always went through a stage of feeling worse before I started to feel better (this is not the same for everyone) but once the medication got into my system I did feel a difference. I think for me having taken it for so many years and mostly on than off it it has just lost the effectiveness and as I have just had the worst period of depression/anxiety in my life even an increased dosage of up to 40ml helped but not enough I was up and down too much, hence the GP changing the meds to Mirtazipine. Hope this helps, please feel free to ask anything, but personally I feel you just need to give it a little longer. Are you currently taking 10 or 20mg?? Keep posting let us know how you doing. Jo.

JT69
14-02-10, 13:07
Sorry, just re-read the first post and see that you are on 40mg......did you start on this dose??? Jo.

Torombolo
14-02-10, 14:22
Hello ,thank you all for your aswers i feel better, yes i am on 40 mg ,yes i did start on 40 mg i know is a high dose but thats how my GP told me?? i have been on it for 3 weeks and as i said not working yet?? JT69 for how many years on citalopram??? thank you:weep::weep::weep::weep::weep:it really worked for your fear??????

JT69
14-02-10, 16:47
Hi again, Been on and off it for the past 9 years. i think the longest I took it was probably around 5 years (as a preventative and a low dose of 10ml). Yes it did help with fear but you need to be patient 3 weeks is not a long time, it can take up to 6 weeks for you to feel the benefit. Everyone is different. I understand your frustration, we all want these meds to start working straight away but unfortunatley we have to just hang in there until they do. I did find they helped me but it just takes time. Has your GP offered you anything else to take along with the citalopram? My GP prescribed some diazepam to take if I needed them until the citalopram kicked in. You could try that if GP would allow. I know they can be addictive but I just stuck to taking them when absolutely necessary rather than continuously. That helped. Let me know how you get on. Take care and things will improve you wait and see. Jo

Torombolo
15-02-10, 18:58
Thank you very much jt69... you gave me hope againg !!thanks:yesyes::yesyes::roflmao:

Torombolo
19-02-10, 02:04
Does any one wants to share opinion's about " CITALOPRAM "??????

Torombolo
22-02-10, 19:46
I just want to share with all of you my friends that today after 5 weeks having citalopram i start to feel much better my anxiety is almost !gone:D still my drepression need to impruve a little bit more because my mood still a little bit down but now i am sure that with this medication i am going to make it, i am very positeve about this:yesyes::yesyes: Sorry for been so negative the days before and thank you all of you for listen me.

KK77
23-02-10, 01:52
I just want to share with all of you my friends that today after 5 weeks having citalopram i start to feel much better my anxiety is almost !gone:D still my drepression need to impruve a little bit more because my mood still a little bit down but now i am sure that with this medication i am going to make it, i am very positeve about this:yesyes::yesyes: Sorry for been so negative the days before and thank you all of you for listen me.

Well done! Sometimes patience pays off like this - very happy for you...

JT69
23-02-10, 09:09
Hey Torombolo, so pleased for you...these meds just take time and as Mel says patience, so worth all the awful bits you go through to come out and feel so much better. Thanks for sharing with us, it is an encouragement to others. Take care. JO.

martbarr
23-02-10, 10:46
Hey

Thanks so much for sharing the great news of your progress.
I feel better already!

Martin

AJS
23-02-10, 18:14
Great news Torombolo - things will gradually keep improving!!! Well done for having the strength to keep it up. :yesyes:

martbarr
26-02-10, 17:33
Hey up AJ

You're very quiet these days - everythying ok?

Torombolo
03-03-10, 01:54
Well to be honest i am worry because as i said before my anxiety has almost disappeared , but i still feel depressed and i have been on celexa(citalopram) almost 6 weeks so?? i don't know if this depression is going to go away or not??celexa is working with my anxiety grate for that, but why still depressed????

Bluebelle
03-03-10, 02:19
Hiya !

I noticed that my anxiety reduced and then my depression lifted. There was a time span where my anxiety was reduced but I was still depressed to the point where I couldn't function.

It seems to have worked in steps for me - I started in May and by the end of July my anxiety was gone but I was still crying and super-depressed then one day going through the motions of my daily life -get up - drink coffee- go to-work-etc.....I just suddenly noticed it had been a day or two since I had a crying fit.

After that I kept track on my calender of when I cried and the days in between crying fits kept getting longer and longer.

By October- I was seemingly happy - happier than I had ever been in my life-probably because I now had a life thanks to citalopram.

Citalopram didn't solve my problems, but it did reduce my anxiety so I could evaluate things as they are and not be mislead by my anxiety.

I hope you doing better and better everyday- you're not alone and it is good to talk to others about yor experiences.

You can be on citalopram for the longterm- my GP even says you can take it while pregnant -it's that safe. Safer than coffee which we're not supposed to drink during pregnancy !

Love- BB

Torombolo
03-03-10, 14:09
Thank you Bluebelle for your support and share your case with me , i want to say to all of you who has been answering me all these days "I AM SORRY" that i always say something negative but i really dont understand why i am still depressed and my anxiety is almost gone ??? "sorry againg to all of you" ...Bluebelle i am going to wait for a couple of weeks more and see if my motivation improve as you did. Thanks

JT69
03-03-10, 15:10
Tormombolo, Please dont say sorry.....you dont need to apologise, this is what this forum is for, to say what you want to negative or positive. Anxiety usually goes first then depression usually lifts later with citalopram. Do you feel depressed all of the day or do you find that as the day goes your depression lifts??? 6 weeks is still early days to be on medication. At least citalopram has helped with your anxiety. Are you currently taking 20mg??? JO.

Jannie2948
03-03-10, 15:31
Citalopram are also working for me with my anxiety/panic. I started on 20mg and had them increased after 3 months to 40mg, which he says is the best dosage for anxiety. My Dr also gave me diazapam in the beginning to get me through those bad times, maybe you could ask your Dr to prescribe diazapam for you. Like jt69 I only take the diazapam if I'm having a bad day. When first on the Citalopram it heightened my anxiety, and now the increase to 40mg has given me a few bay days so take diazapam if and when I need them, maybe a couple of times a week and they are only 2mg. I hope you soon start to feel the benefit of the citalopram but you have to be patient, which I know is very difficult, but I know it is worth it.

All the best

Jannie x x

Torombolo
03-03-10, 16:26
Thanks jannie 2948 and jt69 thank very much for give me those nice words in this moment of my process,, i really need them ,and JO i am taking 60 mg , thats why i am very worried because i am having the maximum of the medication and i am still depressed i am having 60 mg since 1 week ago before i was on 40mg

JT69
03-03-10, 17:28
Hi, If you only started on 60mg 1 week ago you need to give it longer to start working....at least 2-3 weeks. If you then dont start to feel any benefit then my advise would be to go back to your Gp and have a chat with him. Yes 60mg is the maximum dose, but I dont think you have given the meds long enough to start working properly. Good luck. Jo

Torombolo
04-03-10, 23:08
Well today is my day 43 on citalopram i have to say that my anxiety has fadeout practically , but i have to say that i am feeling that my depression is geting worst and worst before was geting worst at night and now i am feelin that is geting bad to during the day and also i am feeling very melancolic i really dont now if i have to give more time to citalopram because about one week ago my depression was not that bad,any one can give any advise?????

JT69
05-03-10, 08:53
Hi Torombolo, Has anything happened this week that may have contributed to how you are feeling? If you can give it a little longer than I would hang on in there but if you dont feel a difference of you begin to feel even worse than I would go back and have a chat to your GP. Often you do feel worse before you feel better, even with an increase of dosage.

I am on a different type of medication and I am in a similiar situation to you, just had my dose increased, today I feel pretty horrible, i am going to stick with it and hopefully will pay off in the end.

I do hope you feel better Torombolo....please keep in touch. Take care. Jo.

Torombolo
11-03-10, 19:21
Hi,, JT69 how are you ?? do you mind if ask you which medication are you on??how much mlg?? for how long?? for anxiety or depression?? does it work well?? i ask you because if the citalopram does not help me with my depression in a couple of weeks my be i will go back to my gp for a different or extra help with my depression, like i said before now im doing much better with the anxiety but my depression still can not deal with my depression some days i think is geting worst. Thats why i woul like to ask you about your medication if you dont mind share with me your experience thank you and i am so sorry to ask you so much

Torombolo
11-03-10, 23:52
I also notice that around 6:00 0r 7:00 pm my depression and some anxiety gets worst this is the time when i get worst every day and i am wondering why??

JT69
12-03-10, 19:30
Hi,, JT69 how are you ?? do you mind if ask you which medication are you on??how much mlg?? for how long?? for anxiety or depression?? does it work well?? i ask you because if the citalopram does not help me with my depression in a couple of weeks my be i will go back to my gp for a different or extra help with my depression, like i said before now im doing much better with the anxiety but my depression still can not deal with my depression some days i think is geting worst. Thats why i woul like to ask you about your medication if you dont mind share with me your experience thank you and i am so sorry to ask you so much

Hi Torombolo

I am on mirtazipine, I have been taking it for 5 weeks now...4weeks on 15mg and then the last week I have been taking 30mg. I take it for anxiety and depression. I have suffered for the last 11 years. I started out on fluoxetine followed by dothiepin then eventually for about the previous 9 years citalopram which did work for me over the years but this past episode of depression/anxiety is did not have the desired effect, hence the change to mirtazipine. Mirtazipine has been good in that it has lifted my depression, it makes sure I get a good nights sleep and apart from when I first wake up has taken away the anxiety. As I am only 5 weeks into it it is difficult to say how I will be going forward, this drug has a tag attatched to it in that it can cause weight gain and lots of people say that on here, I am trying to excercise more and trying to eat healthy to combat that, but I think I may have gained some (I hide the scales) as I am overweight anyhow and dont want the stress of my weight adding to my problems.

Hope this helps you, please feel free to ask anything. I am sorry that you dont seem happy with the citalopram. I too went right up to 40mg but unfortunately it just wasnt working for me this time.

Take care
Jo.

Torombolo
13-03-10, 18:26
Does anyone has itchy eyes when is anxius ?? i have this everytime i go to the street and have to talk to someone is really annoying does any one knows why?? some told me because the anxiety???

charlie1983
15-03-10, 09:41
Hello,

I am new so am sorry if I am gatecrashing this thread. I hope you can help me.

I have been on Citalopram on and off for years but lately it has either stopped working or I am having more side effects than usual. I would just like to know if anyone else has had these similar side effects.

I am having very very vivid nightmares, everything I have took the tablets for seems to come out in the night and so therefore when i wake up it is as if I am right back where I started.

I have also recently gone hyper alert and perceptive to everything around me. Thinking about everything I'm doing, what other people are doing and predicting everything so nothing comes as a surprise.

My anxiety levels have raised right up and the doc has suggested I go on Mirtazapine... however I hear that is more for sleeping... I don't have trouble sleeping... it is when I'm asleep it's like another life so I am exhausted when I wake up.

Any advice anyone could give me I would really appreciate, I feel like I am going mad.

Thanks x

martbarr
15-03-10, 10:15
Charlie,

Rather than gatecrashing and multiple posting why don't you start your own new thread. You might get more responses?

cheers
Martin

martbarr
15-03-10, 10:28
Charlie

That wasn't a nice welcome for a new member sorry.
I just though if you started a new top level thread you might get more readers.

I don't know what could be causing your night time alternative life thing.
It sounds dreadful and you have my sympathy.

Others will have some experience no doubt and can come along to help later.
But I am certain you're not going mad.

Martin

JT69
15-03-10, 12:42
Hi Charlie,

I agree with Mart, if you post a brand new thread on citalopram you will get more responses and will find them more relevant to your needs.

Having been on citalopram in the past on and off for a number of years I cannot remember feeling in the way you do, though I have read it can cause vivid nightmares.

I think you need to chat again with your gp as you may need something else along side the citalopram to help.

Have you just started taking it again and how many mg's?

I now take mirtazipine as unfortunately for me citalopram was not helping me enough with this last episode of depression/anxiety I have just had. It does help you sleep and increases appetite and is a good choice when other ad's have not worked. It is still early days for me as I am only in week 5 but am feeling much better than I was. We are all different and I summed it up that as I had taken cit for so many years it had lost its effectiveness for me so it was time to move onto something else.

These are only my oppinions there are a few people on here on cit so if you post your thread on a new one you should get more responses.

Good luck.

Jo.

Torombolo
12-04-10, 14:54
Up date

well i have to say that citalopranm really helped me for my anxiety panic and depression, after 3 months i feel that my life is coming back i am very happy , but at the same time i notice that the medication even though is working well i was still feeling very anxius in places with a lot of people and i had to speak infront of others or making a line in the market alone or by myself so the citalopram alone for me was not strong enough so i went to my doc, and he game me seroquel 25 mg daily for may anxiety ,,also i am having 60 mg celexa for depression and anxiety, i feel much better than before. SINCE i am having the seroquel i feel more relax and calm and i am having only 25 ml of it . But my question is: celexa works increasing seratonin levels and seroquel works in the other way, reducing seratonin levels so ?? i don't understand why both taken at the same time if they work one oppose to the other??? any one have the answer???

Torombolo
06-05-10, 17:44
UP DATE: I am a male 38 years old i have suffered from anxiety, whole my life i have tried many different medications for my depression and anxiety some has worked some don't but mostly of those that have worked cause addiction so not a good thing, a few weeks ago my doctor prescribed me seroquel xr for anxiety and depression and i have to say that after just 1 week taking seroquel i have started to feel the benefits now i have like 26 days on seroquel and i have to say that really works for my anxiety like 95 % is gone almost completely , about my depression i am still feeling like 30 or 40 % depressed so im wondering if seroquel can take away the depression totally i will be up dating.......:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

Torombolo
26-09-11, 17:28
UP DATE: 09/26/2011

I just feel great!!!!after 1 year passed i am very good my panic is gone totally ! no more fear and depression is gone to i really advise to all of you friends that are going trought this terrible illness of anxiety and depression that talkt to your doctors and ask them if Seroquel xr and effexor xr or venlafaxine taking both for anxiety and depression is good for you<< because for me i can say that this 2 medications save my life and my marriage at the beginning sroquel will make you feel sleepy but when the time pass you will manage it , it is really good to try and remember this medications dint work right away like somo people want, this medications start to worl like after 6 weeks!! then increase it to your real therapeutic dose for you and take it everyday i you will be telling me how good it works for you,when i start i start with 50 ml seroquel xr during the day and 25 ml at night for sleep but not xr just regular seroquel 25ml so i was on 50 xr day at night 25ml seroquel regular and 50 efexor=venlafaxine for depression and then slowly increase to 400 xr seroquel day,150 ml seroquel regular night and 300 ml efexor xr day,, ok i hope this help someone like it has saved my life thank you all.

Remember:Good always will be with you all the way

Jmac
26-09-11, 19:54
Bluebelle,

I love what you've said here as it sounds like me. Tried the non-drug route but it just wasn't enough this time. I'm on the journey back from the worst - 4 weeks into cipralex 10mg - and am doing my best to keep my head above the bad days. A voice in the back of my head keeps telling me "this will pass and the meds will work". It's really good to hear so many of you who've been on the journey longer echo the same.

Thanks, from a fellow Canuck.

Hang in there Torombolo!

Jmac

---------- Post added at 11:54 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

oops, not sure how I got things mixed up but it appears the Torombolo is actually doing well. Super glad to hear it!

Torombolo
26-11-11, 01:32
yes, i am really good i am back to work, my depression is gone! my anxiety is under control totally,there is some days that i feel bit nervous or anxius but my meds stops right away the simtoms,thank you jmac for contribute to this thread and thanks to everybody.

Catya
28-11-11, 08:58
Oh? Just reading this post and bit confused. So you're not on citalopram now? Was looking for some reassurance.

Torombolo
02-12-11, 00:55
No i am not on celexa anymore, I was on it for about 7 months and worked wonders for me! but i decided to get something more strong to control my anxiety and depression so my Psychiatrist put me on seroquel xr,(quetiapine) and effexor xr(venlafaxine) both are xr that means extended duration, and this ones gives less sleepy effects than the regular ones,seroquel is a medication for schizophrenia and bipolar but now the doctors start to used it for anxiety and depression together with effexor and let me tell you, !this medications really works!!! i hope this information helps to those in desperation thinking that there is no nothing that can help to live with anxiety, panic and depression, well yes there is one solucion seroquel xr and effexor xr, good luck and let me know what your doctor say about it.If some one has any doubt or question ,please don't hesitate to ask me.