PDA

View Full Version : weird thing in vision

Deanyboy
07-02-10, 11:30
Hi guys, I wonder if you can help.

This is hard to explain but my eyes are very sensitive to flicker. When I was younger I looket at a pc monitor with a low refresh rate and the flickering that I could see just off the centre of my vision was morphing into all kinds of different shapes, but only when I looked at the screen. it wasnt there when I looked away.

I also notice that when I use a pc or watch tv i sometimes see sparkles in my upper peripheral vision which comes in "waves". when i look away from the pc or tv for a few moments it dissapears!

Have I just got oversensitive eyes or something? with epilepsy always being my main fear and cause for anxiety I would love to know if anyone can relate to it??

Thanks alot! :)

nevway
07-02-10, 11:48
Hi,
I suffer from anxiety, depression and fibromyalgia, and also get some weird vision disturbances. Like you, flickering lights, looking through venetian blinds or at anything with lots of stripes causes some weird "moving" effects.
Bright flashes in your eyes can occur as you get older - caused by the eye ageing (best to see your GP if you have any major concerns about this)
I think that when you suffer from anxiety, you are more likely to notice what are quite normal occurences - I sometimes feel a dark "shadow" over my vision - it is usuallly a reflection or shadow from my glasses!