PDA

View Full Version : Tai chi

ashero38
07-02-10, 16:00
Anyone do tai chi and is it really good for health anxiety im trying to take control of my life looking for avenues to explore and can u learn of dvds?

crystalshimmer
07-02-10, 16:48
I have just bought a dvd for Tai Chi,and I haven't watched it yet but I am hoping the gentle exercises will help my upper back/neck pain.I have been to see a physiotherapist and she has given me a couple of exercises to do before I go back,as my spine is a bit twisted on the left,and a nerve is being compressed. This is causing pain and numbness/tingling across my chest,but particularly on my breastbone and in my left breast.I have had this for 3 1/2 years now,and been on umpteen visits to the doctor,breast clinic,osteopath,spine x-ray and a scan for osteoporosis,which have all come back clear.I have been told to take all different kinds of otc painkillers,which do work,but am no nearer to an explanation of what is causing it.I have waited a while for the physio,so I hope they can help me to get to the bottom of this.She is the first one to tell me that i have a problem with the top of my spine,and that exercise may help,so I am keeping my fingers crossed that they work. In the meantime,I intend to do Tai Chi,as you can even do that sitting down.I think you will enjoy the exercises.

Jean

eternally optimistic
07-02-10, 18:35
No, I havent done tai chi but did do yoga when my anxiey was at its highes and it was wonderful.

Good luck with whatever you do, anything that you can do and focus on for a short while has to be good for you.