PDA

View Full Version : Emetophobic with nothing left...plus i'm new!

lilly_tigeress
07-02-10, 17:50
Hey I'm new here, but I'm so glad I've found it, I am scared of so many things, vomiting being the worse, then dentists, then change. I hate anything changing. I feel like I have no life. It constantly revolves around my phobias, hence i am usually depressed and tired, recently I have been having panic attacks which keep me up most nights, I can't even cope with work no matter how hard I try. But people seem to think i'm jut lazy, I just need help. Soon I won't even have anywhere to live because i can't afford the rent. Apparently I can't claim D.L.A, which i can cope with, but how am i meant to live?? My life is spiralling and I can't see any hope....please help.:weep:

i love tea
08-02-10, 16:57
Hi Lilly and welcome!

I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling so down at the moment. Have you told your GP how you're feeling? Perhaps they could refer you for some counselling or CBT?

There's always hope... you just need to tell someone (like your GP) how you're feeling, so that they can arrange some help for you. You can get better.

Take care :flowers:

Vanilla Sky
08-02-10, 18:43
Welcome to NMP , you will find it helpful and supportive here

maeanna
10-02-10, 18:58
Heya
I have emetophobia and am in the same boat as u too. I am claiming JSA at the mo coz i lost my last full time job because of my severe anxiety. I have no inclination to try and find a full time job as i am so phobic i struggle to even leave my flat and when i am at work i just wana go home but make i myself work 6 hours a week to try and help me get back to work full time! yet the gp says im absolutely fine and just keeps giving me anti depressents which i refuse to take because of the side effects nso im not actually getting anywhere! Now im worried as i only have 2 wks left on JSA before they make me take like any job! I really feel for u coz its hell!!!
I think the NHS is not good enough and for people like us with phobias there seems to be little help available! I want hypnosis as i know it will work having had one session but at £135ph its too much when ur not working. Anyway try and go to ur gp and hopefully ul have more luck than me! i think its purely pcode related and how understanding ur gp is!!! Good Luck and pm me anytime! :noangel:

Cat80
15-02-10, 11:13
I have emetophobia, moderate depression and GAD (general anxiety disorder). I claim Income Support because I can't work (I barely leave the house).

My Dr has tried me with loads of different meds for the anxiety which just make me feel worse (citalopram, seroxat, fluoxetine, mirtazapine etc). I take metoclopramide 3 times a day when the nausea is bad and they are a lifesaver. I would definately go to the Dr's and ask for some

maeanna
15-02-10, 21:51
Hey Cat80, can i ask how did u get on claiming Income Supp because i cant seem to even get my gp to see how bad i am and a few months ago i was virtually suicidal yet my gp said theres nothing wrong with u!!! i feel completely stuck as when i saw the mental health nurse he said he was concerned as i had a phobia but was concerned my mood was manic! anyway because i refused to see a pysch as i work with kids part time and am concerned i will lose my job (altho my phobia is ok at work except i just wana go home all the time!!) lol anyway the gp wouldnt even contemplate me not working so i dont know what more i can do to get DLA or Income supp!!!

Angelai
20-02-10, 15:43
Meanna

I also get Income Support - my GP signed me off work at first, then when I lost my job (because I couldn't go back, they didn't sack me - although I don't know why they didn't?) I had to start sending my s**k notes to the DWP. I can't really remember what I had to do, it's all a bit of a blur. I would try the Citizens Advice Bureau, they really are helpful and will be able to advise you what you need to do and in what order. Most importantly though, you need the support of your doctor (in the form of a 's**k note'). If you're not getting anywhere with your current doc, ask to see someone else.

A few months after I started getting Income Support I had to go for a medical. The person you see IS NOT a qualified doctor, and it's not their decision as to whether you are fit for work. They have to ask you certain questions, and your responses 'earn' points. If you have enough points, you continue to get Income Support.

I hope this helps in some way.

maeanna
21-02-10, 22:57
Heya,
Thanks for ur reply Angelai I will look into it! fingers crossed! :)