PDA

View Full Version : Hi, this is my first post!

Hazel1
07-02-10, 18:47
Hi I'm Hazel, early 30's mum of 2 under 3's. My serious health anxiety started about 5 years ago, I think it was brought on by stress due to ... well a stressful situation! I thought I had HIV which with hindsight was pratically impossible. Got test was fine and have been okay for years.

Well its back again. Have muscular chest pain (excercise alot) taking Diclofenac, think its lung cancer (secondary) think I have throat cancer due to a mispent youth of binge drinking / vomiting / smoking ...

Thats the short version! Am hoping this site helps me and I can help others.

So Hi everyone:D

Panickypants
07-02-10, 19:14
Hi Hazel welcome to health anxiety, i am alway's convinced there is something sinister wrong with me,my main worry is my heart but i've had a headache on and off for a couple of weeks now so i'm convinced i have a brain tumour or bulging artery...reading that back it's laughable cos what are the possibility's really ???

I am scared to go to doc's for stuff cos i'm scared he's going to tell me i have got something awful, i have put off having a smear test for the last 3 years but i've finally booked an appointment and i'm petrified, i keep asking my hubby does everything look/feel normal down there lol x x

Cell block H fan
07-02-10, 19:19
Hi Hazel.
You sound like you're still a nice happy person, even with the HA! Good on you for that.
Welcome to the forum. Hope it helps you out when you're having some bad moments
xxxxxxxx

bottleblond
07-02-10, 19:19
Hi Hazel

Welcome along to NMP :flowers:

I'm sure you will get lots support and advice here.

Nice to meet you
Lisa
x

KK77
07-02-10, 19:53
Hello Hazel

Sorry to hear that your HA has come back.

Hope you find the forum useful.

Welcome to NMP

Lissy43
07-02-10, 20:09
Hello and welcome.

You will get lots of support here.

Hazel1
07-02-10, 20:21
Aw thanks everyone i didnt expect responses so soon!

It's good to hear that HA is common but although I know im worrying about nothing in the back of my mind I always think ... but what if I actually am dying?!

Honestly if I don't get a grip I will get divorced soon! Right enough that might not be a bad thing :)

Look forward to speaking to you all.

Veronica H
07-02-10, 21:06
:welcome:Hazel. this is a friendly site with really good information and support.

Veronicax

Heidi1981
09-02-10, 17:17
Hazel - This site has helped me no end. I thought i was going mental (in fact most days i still do!!) but once you read all the posts you realise you are not alone.

It really has been a saviour! Thanks everyone!

xxx

christinez
10-02-10, 14:41
I'd really like to echo what everyone else has said. This site and the comments and advice that are on it have been a godsend to me. Everyone on here understands the issues that we all face and their words bring hope and comfort. Thanks everyone!

shellie1
10-02-10, 16:45
Would totally agree with the above - it is great to have somewhere to come where you can talk to likeminded people. Hope you are having a good day today x

Emira7
10-02-10, 17:10
Hey

Welcome to NMP. I know how your feeling. I have had all manner of weird and wonderful diseases and I am only 31 years old!! AGGHHH What am I like ;-)

Seriously, keep posting, this board is a fantastic source of support. We are all in this together

Much love

emira
xx

jojo2316
10-02-10, 17:24
Hi Hazel - welcome! I am also an early 30s mum of three children under 4. I've had health anxiety since my son (second child) was born 2 years ago.... I've found this site an absolute godsend.... sometimes when i feel i just can't handle the fear i come on here and always feel better - everyone is so lovely!!