PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a penpal

trembellinghands
07-02-10, 20:07
Hi

I am 20yrs old and would like to have someone to talk too with similar expirences because i'm very shy and quiet person and feel as if no one understands or takes me seriously, I feel depressed alot of the time and feel quite isolated.

Not least to say that I find it difficult to talk to people and make friends spending most of my time on my own and not socializing, sometimes I turn to drink or dabble with solvents or self-harm and even when I talk to Drs I feel like they want to get rid of me quickly.

I had a diagnoses once for rapid-cycling Bipolar and that was made by the first psychaitrist but he was only there for a period of time and has since left, so the 2nd psych I saw was italian and he scrapped my diagnoses and he came across as abit arragont and black & white in his approach towards me.

He didn't seem to take me seriously and seemed quite a snobby old character apparantly I don't have a mental illness or Bipolar and that he would discharge me from the outpatients clinic in 2-3 months when I see him next time.

Sorry this is so long as you can see no wonder I feel like there is a question mark on everything that ive had to deal with over the last 5 yrs it kinda feels like being pushed into the corner and forgotten about:weep:

Just.A.Girl.x
08-02-10, 04:27
Hey Trembelling Hands

Im sorry to hear that you are being pushed aside I was by my old doctor but had to change gp's because this type of illness is too important to be 'left' as it can get worse so I'd make sure that you get heard...can you not take a parent with you that will speak on your behalf if you are shy?

Would love to talk sometime :) Send me a pm with how you want to chat and ill give you my info :P
xxxxxx