PDA

View Full Version : New member introduction

southernstar66
31-12-05, 14:30
Hi just posting to introduce myself. Am a fellow sufferer of panic attacks and generalised anxiety. Have suffered on and off since 1985 - have had CBT coupled with meds and generally managed it reasonably well with the knowledge I have gained and recognising signs. Have a very stressful job and just before Christmas had a period of great stress at work and didnt really see it coming! Went away on holiday for Christmas and bang it hit me - big panic attacks which in hindsight I could have seen coming but didnt. As a result I wasnt really prepared and these have now escalated. I have been off work for nearly two weeks and during that time have felt really crap with the panic and the consequent effect it has on your body - feeling tired, depersonalised etc. Decided to try and find some support online as its the holidays so here I am! Has helped me incredibly reading all the postings so hope that I can be supportive to other members too. I wont give in to this no matter what. :)

tammyg
31-12-05, 14:38
Hi Sounthernstar

Welcome to the site. It really is good to talk to tohers who feel the same and get some support.

Things are always out of synch in the holidays, hopefully things will settle down for you in the new year.

*managed it reasonably well with the knowledge I have gained and recognising signs* this is great and hopefully you will be able to do it again.

Tammy x

trac67
31-12-05, 14:46
Hi southernstar,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac XX

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

dream
31-12-05, 15:28
hi southerstar66
welcome to this site
take care
denisexx

denise

Quailman
31-12-05, 15:37
Hi Southernstar.

Good to see you. Am also new. This seems to be a good site and the people here really seem to care (I haven't had to sign anything in blood yet so - fingers crossed).

Really respect that you're so determined to beat this.

Hope you find what you're looking for here

sueiamnew
31-12-05, 16:27
Welcome to the site Southernstar!

nomorepanic
31-12-05, 16:47
A warm welcome aboard and I am sure you will get loads of help on here and meet some lovely people.

Nicola

Tomimo
31-12-05, 17:08
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Sorry to hear that you feel rubbish again but well done on remaining so positive.

you've beaten it beofre and I am sure you will again.

Annie x

southernstar66
31-12-05, 17:45
Thanks for all your postings - it is really encouraging to here so much postive feedback from people who understand what living with panic attacks and anxiety is like. Here's hoping we have all a brilliant New Year :D

LottaLagg
31-12-05, 18:46
Hi There I'm Lotta and welcome!

I was so glad to read that you won’t "give in to this matter"

You go and Fight! Fight! Fight!

That’s what I do. I try real hard not to let it control me. Of course some days are better than others. We just need not give up!
[8D]
Lotta

"One Oneness One"

freakedout
31-12-05, 20:47
Hi southernstarr,

I am sorry that anxiey and panic has reared its ugly head for you again. It is truly hideous isn't it. I hope you begin to feel better soon. Hang on in there.
Welcome to the site, I am an anxiety and panic sufferer amongst other things so can relate to how bad it can get.

Hope you have a happy and 'chilled' new year,

Louisa

alexis
31-12-05, 22:19
Hi southernstar and welcome to the site where I know you will meet a lot of friends and gain a lot of advice.xxx

love from Alexisxx

If I help one person today it was worth getting up.

Sax
31-12-05, 22:32
[8D]Hiya Southernstar,

A warm welcome to NMP and hope you enjoy your time here.

Hope you find the support and help here, tis a great site and maybe catch you in chat sometime.

Sax xx:D

"Friends are the like the stars......you can't always see them but they are always there!"

Meg
01-01-06, 14:59
Hello Southernstar

Sorry you're having a blip right now .

Hope we can help you through it and out the other side again

Common Symptoms of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms)

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
01-01-06, 15:39
Hi Southernstar

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

chucklehound
02-01-06, 07:58
Hi and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support and make some great friends too![^]

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

southernstar66
03-01-06, 07:12
It has been really great to read all your postings with messages of support and cnfidence boosting. I always feel so alone during these bouts so it is great to hear from people who understand what it is like. My partner is really sympathetic and supportive but I know doesnt really understand how I am feeling and I dont like to keep on and on about it. I have had two insomaniac nights not falling asleep until the small hours but think this is largely due to being completely out of routine from work/school. I am pushing myself to go back to work today (even with a cold!) as I think that re-establishing some routine could be more beneficial to me. The panic at night is always the worst for me.....I tend to rely on medication and then feel really zonked all day but its just finding solutions to difficult times. If anyone has any help about the sleeplessness I'd love to hear. Good luck for everyone today!:D

Meg
03-01-06, 14:10
Sleep zzzzz (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5413)
insomnia, insomnia, insomnia etc.... (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6002)
Sleep problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6260)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Trev
03-01-06, 14:56
Welcome. Hope '06 is a turning point. :D

Cheers,
Trev