PDA

View Full Version : Please help-sinus issues....

lrforge
07-02-10, 22:52
Ok,long story short,I have had sinus issues for about 4-5 weeks now. Went in last Thursday and said it might be a sinus infection. So he gave me a round of antibiotics which I have not started yet and then a anti biotic oinment for a sore in my nose from blowing. So that night I used the ointment and they next day it seemed better. I still blow some green, but also light yellow and clear. I am scared to take meds in the first place and a friend told me if you are on antibiotics you can't drink because they won't work then (superbowl weekend!) Anyways, does this sound like a sinus infection to you? I am not sure. I have some sinus pressure around eyes, but I don't get headaches. I feel good. I just blow my nose! I am hestitant on taking the antibiotics, so any advise is appreciated. TY

looking4answers
07-02-10, 23:22
Yes I have suffered with sinus ,everything you can imagine all my life.. The green sounds like you have a pretty severe infection. I had this one time and don't know how I got over it.I had it for probably a few months..I didn't go to the doctor with it but then I did
suffer with it for quite a while.. I would take the antibiotics so it will go away soon.Its miserable but don't let it stay as long as mind did and im not trying to scare you but sinus infection being so close to the brain well.. could be bad.. but then again Im not a doctor. Im just saying what I heard after the fact.. It scared me really bad when I found out it could have got out of hand..Take the antibiotics and go back to the dr if it doesnt go away soon.. Take care you will be fine.. Michael

lrforge
08-02-10, 00:02
ok,freaked my self out! Looked on the interwebs about sinuses and found that if you have a stiff neck with sinuses, it could mean the infection when to your head. Help me here....kind of nervous. I went and took the first tablet of the antibiotic. And other thing,I am barely blowing my nose today. Does that mean it is taking care of itself or can I still have an infection with blowing tons of colored snot?

looking4answers
08-02-10, 23:21
Just take the antibiotics and you will be fine..stop reading about all that stuff.. Im sure you will be fine..I assure you if you were that sick you couldn't hold your head up long enough to even write here..If you get worse go back to the doctor but it seems that it might be going away . dont worry be happy and just relax