PDA

View Full Version : type 2 diabetes

looby1954
07-02-10, 23:32
Hi guys just been diagnosed at the end of December with type 2 diabetes, on diet and excercise until March. Can anyone tell me anything about it as i cant seem to get my head round it many thanks Linda x:unsure:

BornWorrier
08-02-10, 03:13
I won't try and offer any medical advice here - I'm no expert.

BUT, this was being talked about on TV the other day and the expert consultant they had on said that there's never been a better time in human history to be diagnosed with diabetes. It's completely treatable provided you follow all advice given, and it's not impossible that a cure is round the corner.

I'm sorry you've had this diagnosis, but at least you know and are able to do all the right things to keep it under control.

Best of luck :) xxxxxx

looking4answers
08-02-10, 04:02
Im not a doctor either but was diagnosed with type 2 ten years ago and put on a diet to see if it could be controlled. I lost 70 pounds and then gained about 20 back but did test again and there was no sign of it after losing the weight and staying off of sugar.There are a great many people that have type two and usually can be controlled with a diet,its a good thing they aren't giving you insulin this is a good sign..Other than that I really don't know too much about it .. Good luck with it and hope things work out well for you..Remember sugar is your enemy .. Its hard to resist but you can.. But after you lose the weight and are off of sugar for awhile you can cheat a little but you will find you don't want to.. Michael

sb001f8994
08-02-10, 10:57
Hi,
Not an expert here either. My mum has type 2 diabetes and has done for 15 years. Her life style has not changed at all but her diet has, its more healthy and of course she eats less sweet things but she still has a little treat every now and again. I think if you are kind to your body it will be kind back. My mum is treated with insulin pen injections and apart from her meals being pretty regimented as to times nothing else changed. She is fit and well, she manages her diabetes well and has had no probs with it. She still enjoys the odd chocolate biscuit and at xmas she had all the nice things we enjoyed, just a lot less!
Best wishes and take care,
Carol x