PDA

View Full Version : Spent the weekend with people who had Norovirus..

AceFrehley
08-02-10, 00:33
This weekend I spent the weekend with my girlfriend and her family. Last weekend she contracted the Norovirus bug and everyone in her house had it up until about Wednesday.

Anyway I made a post saying I was dreading going (I love her, we've been together years but I am TERRIFIED of sickness and bad stomachs), anyway, everyone seemed fine, eating plenty, drinking plenty and in good spirits.

Today we went to a christening where there was lots of people. I went to the bathroom at the after party and a guy left the toilet without washing his hands, it took me a while to pluck up the courage to get some tissue to open the door after him :weep:

I've ate alot of sweet, sugary stuff today so my stomach feels a little off and I feel a bit queasy. However, due to my anxiety I cant tell if I actually genuinely feel sick/have caught the bug from last week, or if its all in my head. Has anyone else ever been in this kinda situation? I tried reading my book, but I cant settle cos I'm so worried :weep: Do you think I need help with this? Cos I literally feel like its taking over me to the point of me coming home early (also, a guy at the train station sneezed close to me, and didnt really cover it up) so I'm really uptight.

I just need a good talking too. I'm convinced I'm going to be sick, but I read that the virus isnt even contageious after 2/3 days, and thats when the last person was sick.

Sorry for the rant :weep:

Dollie
08-02-10, 01:58
Hi Ace, A Big :hugs:from me,
Anxiety can cause you to be nausea's so am sure that all that worry is causing this and if you stop worrying then it will settle and you will be fine x

#hope you enjoyed the sweety stuff though lol :)

BornWorrier
08-02-10, 03:05
That sicky feeling can deffo come on if you're worried. Almost every time I have a panic - no matter what it's about - I always feel nauseous, sometimes with diarrheoa.

I honestly think that you'd have got Norovirus by now if you were going to. Its quite possible you did catch it but your immune system dealt with it so effectively you never had any symptoms. This actually happens a lot.

I've checked online and the incubation period for this is usually 24 hours, in rare cases 72, so the "danger period" for you has been and gone :)

Go read your book, hon - ya fine xxxxx

AceFrehley
13-02-10, 17:35
My panic is now back! Apparentley people in work have had it/have it and came into work with it (*******s :mad:). I always wash my hands and try to avoid people, so fingers crossed. Also, I only found out like 20 minutes-5 minutes before my shift ended, so I got my coat and went home sharpish to wash my hands! Gotta catch the bus soon, meh, why does this time of year make me panic so much? I wish it was spring/summer already so these nasty bugs can be slashed in half! :weep:

Cat80
13-02-10, 18:03
I worry about bugs too and always carry around the antibac hand gel and use it everytime I pick something in a shop and before I eat because norovirus is not passed through the air but through touching something with the germs then touching your mouth. As long as your hands are throughly clean before eating etc then I don't see why you should get it.

I'm feeling really sick at the moment because my anxiety is bad and I've convinced myself it's because I was naughty and had a McDonalds cheeseburger 3 hours ago (convinced I have food poisoning).

Lissy43
13-02-10, 22:17
I would try to relax abit, I work around this virus alot as I am a student nurse. As long as you keep washing your hands then you should be ok. Also don't share towels with anyone else, drinks etc...

Anxiety can make you feel sick, it sounds like you are working yourself up into thinking you have it. If you did you wouldn't be sitting there typing I'm sure.

Take care x