PDA

View Full Version : Please reassure me (dizziness)

JoeLove
08-02-10, 01:30
:) hello,

Can anyone confirm the anixety dizziness symptoms for me

this is my first time with the dizziness sympton and am very worried plus it is 1 am in the morning so nothing really to distract me. :weep:

i have had anxiety for about 4 months it came out of the blue and once i got the heart palpatations i went to the doctors and she gave me beta blockers. That was about 3 weeks ago i went off them as i ran out. over the 3 weeks things have been great was able to go on trains. eat out at restaurants. and go to the cinema again. but now i have just got this horrible dizziness feels like im back tracking again.

my dizziness -

on and off dizziness from neck to head lasts about 6 seconds on then about 20 seconds off

thank you for any posts, you know how it is :P all worried and scared :blush:

pinkpiglet
08-02-10, 11:15
I can really sympathise with you! I suffer dizziness and if you have read my recent posts you will know that I am suffering really bad at the moment. I have it constantly from waking up to going to sleep. I always have dizziness whenever i am unwell and usually get it with my anxiety (it is my main symptom) but this time i do not feel as if i have anxiety but the dizziness is causing it to resurface. All i can suggest is that you try and relax, (not easy if you have responsibilities tho) concentrate on your breathing and ask your gp if he/she can give you any medication to counteract the dizziness. None of the above work for me and i have just had a series of tests which have shown nothing is wrong. My GP as told me that i am on my own form now on and that some peple suffer from dizziness without any underlying causes or reasons. We just have to accept it and live with it. You on the other hand, you now it is down to anxiety so you need to ask your gp what he/she can do for you. There may be some stress relief classes in your area. Good luck, i'm afraid theres not much more advice i can give you personally. Take care x

JoeLove
08-02-10, 15:13
aww no that sounds awful to be told your on your own from now on. I hope it slowly fades down. I'll defently see my gp and ask for some medication thank you for letting me know :D. Lol yeah anxiety doesn't give the best foundations for calmness lol

Kim30
08-02-10, 15:43
i've been sat at home panicking for about an hour now & am petrified as usual. It's happening every other day & has been for about 8 years. Have had counseling, therapy, numerous pills & anti depressents.Even though i know its a panic attack i still fear it all the time, :weep: xx

santasuit
08-02-10, 19:34
I can sympathise with anyone who experiences panicking and dizziness etc. I've experienced these myself and know all too well that feeling that has made me feel as though I'm literally about to die or that I'm having a heart attack etc.. It's impossible to explain these things to anyone who hasn't been through it themselves.

Although I know medication often isn't the ideal option in the long term, in the short term for someone who's desperate for some relief, I have personally found that Diazepam (Valium) can be extremely fast and effective in relieving the immediate symptoms of a panic attack.

I sincerely hope this helps.

Typer
09-02-10, 16:00
It is pretty horrid and yes I get this daily too. I hate it but it seems it is a symptom of anxiety and the more the feeling worries me, the worse it gets

cmmk09
09-02-10, 17:39
Dizziness is a common symptom of anxiety and it can make you feel as though something life threatening is happening to you. But you can learn to control and prevent dizziness..
the beta-blockers helped you so i would go back to your doctor for advice(maybe a repeat subscription)..
what is your health like overall??..that can also be a factor..are you eating ok??..i used to have a tendency to blow things out of proportion..make them bigger than they are..its the mind you see..can work for you or against you..thats up to you..
Once you are sure that your dizziness is caused by anxiety, you can take action..low blood pressure,breathing,vitamins,water are afew reasons..

i hope i have pointed you in the right direction..

bobby diraag

JoeLove
09-02-10, 22:42
my health is fine maybe should eat more health i've cut coke from my diet as someone said it is a stimulant and isnt going to help at all. Erm my gf said during the beta blockers period i became a bit irratable and the 2nd day i was off them she said "you are acting alot more like yourself now" so maybe they stopped the symptoms but added stress to me. unsure just yet what to do . I'd also like to tackle this without pills. It's defently in the head but no one told me dizziness was a symptom now i can give reason to my dizziness i can control it :) i have great mind over matter but once it gets me it's very hard to shake it off and think twice about what is happening. Thanks for the tips . doctor said blood pressure was fine. i did the breathing from the stomache and that did help. i havent tried vitamins never really took vitamins in a pot since i was little what type am i wanting ? bleh i hate water lol but i will give it ago!

pinkpiglet
09-02-10, 23:27
you will try anything when you feel this bad eh? Just thought, a good book that we picked up was 'cognitive behaviour therapy for dummies'. We got ours from amazon but your local library might have a copy!! Its really good, give it a try!!!

squeaky
09-02-10, 23:35
Hello joelove, a quick story, I met a guy in a panic therapy session who'd been in the RAF, he said he'd been shot at, but it was nothing compared to the fear of the panic. The head spinning is so awful, the feeling of being out of control. But you are not alone, imagine an army of sympathisers behind you wishing you well.

Pixie_girl
10-02-10, 16:22
I don't experience dizziness myself but it is listed as a possible side affect of a panic attack so I think what you experienced was normal. Hope you are feeling better soon. :)

beautyinmisery
10-02-10, 18:14
I am actually dizzy right now and can feel that I am on the verge of an attack....I came on here to try and feel better hah. I am breathing and trying to focus on the screen. If you focus on something, try not moving too quickly and breathe, you should be able to control it. That's where I'm at right now at least!!!

JoeLove
11-02-10, 00:27
Thank you squeaky i really feel at ease when i visit this site. chatroom soon yay!. aww no beautyinmisery hope you got through it okay!. Since i've heard all your comments i havent felt dizzy since! so hopefully it won't be as frequent. and i can put my mind at rest knowing what to do the next time. :D where would i be without you people hehe

xqig95
11-02-10, 06:34
aww i know how you feel, i have panic attacks and anxiety attacks for 3 years, since i was 12, ive learned that there are ways to fight them even though they are really scary sometimes..just take deep breaths.

Horticus
11-02-10, 19:09
If it's any help to all out there with the scary symptoms that accompany anxiety and depression. I suffered anxiety,depression,ocd and phobic from my teenage years, then in later life severe panic attacks for 4 years was unable to go even to the shop and my GP had to visit to give valium via injection. I then went onto diazapam tabs and was told by another GP in the practice I was addicted to them and needed to reduce the dose daily which was so hard. I could not eat and became ill, after suffering this for many years and again being told by my GP that I would not improve do to this my husband consulted a herbalist and truly I have never looked back, I'll never be 100/o but I am so much better. Along with other herbs he prescribed Valerian for anxiety which is for me is very effective and non habit forming. It takes longer via herbs but it does work. Don't despair there is a light at the end of the tunnel sometimes it's hard to find but it will shine through.