PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated.

rblt94
08-02-10, 02:03
So I think I want to go back to counseling, but in some way I don't think it's right for me. I've been to counseling once and it was 2 years ago for a paralyzing phobia that kept me going to school once or twice every week. I'm still on the medication I was put on and I even increased my dosage on the first week of school this past year. I email my therapist every so often if I have a concern but she isn't really fond of me doing so. I just don't really want to go in for a session because, first of all, I don't want to hear my parents complain, and second, sadly I just cannot be myself and let everything go in a session. I know I am pathetically self concious like you wouldn't believe. I understand that she is there to help me, but I just can't let everything go because I'm embarassed. I never even cried in the numerous times I went which definately would of suited the occasion. I want to be like evaluated again or something to see if I need it.

NotResponding
08-02-10, 13:29
If the doc/councillor treats people with anxiety disorders/phobias, they probably expect most people to not let it all out. Nevertheless it's important that they get ALL the information about you and your problems in order to help you appropriately and effectively. If it's stopping you from going to school then it needs sorting out imo.

When I used to go councilling I couldn't say half the things I wanted either, it was embarresing it felt pathetic of me to worry about these things.
What may help is to write the things you want to say down on paper, like bulletpoints.
The action of writting it down helps you remember it also, so you may not need to look at it. Im sure your councillor wouldn't mind if you read from a bit of paper, hell, they've probably seen it before.
If you do decide to go to sessions, make sure they know as much as pos, it helps them to help you.
:) Good luck anyway

I think I just had typing diahorrea or sumthin...:ohmy:

rblt94
09-02-10, 22:51
lol gotta adore that diahorrea typing syndrome!