PDA

View Full Version : Which is Worse

ogarchamplin
06-02-04, 12:47
I was wondering how everyone feels about which is Worse. The 15-30 minutes of panic or the feeling jiggerty and on edge in between attacks. I HATE panic attacks but the feeling in between where i feel my heart pounding hard all day long drives me nuts. I just started on Zoloft three days ago so i know i will need some time for it to work but my problem is once i feel the heart pounding then thats all i can think about. Once that happens chest pan kicks in and i swear i am having a heart attack. The odd part is the chest pain is always on the left side like a heart attack and i just dont understand how i cannot convince myself that it is in my head.

Harrisburg, Pa

Laurie28
06-02-04, 13:38
Hiya,

God that is a tough one!!

I think if it had the occasionally panic attack and forgot about it straight away it would be preferrable to havng anxiety and anxious thoughts all the time!!!
Lucky

benoo5
06-02-04, 15:23
trust me matey...a pain on the left side of the chest,is not a sympton of a heart attack...ime not telling you wot the symptoms are,because your probably get them tomorrow,lol...easy to say,but try to relax,between p/a..breathing exercises are an absolute must,as is exercise....best wishes..bryan.

mico
06-02-04, 17:24
I find relaxation exercises are a great break from the constant day to day anxiety when I feel on edge all the time. I normally feel better for a good few hours afterwards.

mico

ogarchamplin
06-02-04, 17:27
Since i suffer from OCD i found that watching anything on The Learning Channel or the show ER causes me anxeity. I think that i have tacho cardio somehting something..this is an awful thing to have. I told my one friend about it and he said "Grow up and get over it"

Harrisburg, Pa

diana
06-02-04, 18:03
Hiya Ogarchamplin,

I would have to say that I think from my own personal experiences, that the PA itself is worse for me. I dread one coming on,as I am sure all of us do. It seems to be the next worst thing next to dying a horrible death to me. Just so ya know, I too get the pain on the left side, the weakness in the arm and hand and everything we hear are signs of a heart attack. I am still here and have had these very symptoms for 22 years off and on. I also can not watch certain shows and movies eg. people drowning, suffocating, people with drastic rare disorders and so forth. So I know how you feel about that. As far as your "FRIEND" giving you advice to "GROW UP AND GET OVER IT" that is something hard for people like us to do, though in time we can get past these thoughts and physical symptoms. If like your friend (who I assume does`nt have this disorder) they have never experienced what we feel and think, so therefore I guess it is easy to say just grab yourself up and get over it. That`s why we have this forum to come to when we run into people like your friend who maybe does`nt understand us, these folks do, and they don`t judge us for how fast or slow our recovery is. Just so long as we are working toward recovery is all that matters here. Keep us posted as to how you are getting along.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

ogarchamplin
07-02-04, 13:56
The one thing that is helping me is taking the Klonapin as perscribed. I was only taking it when i was having a PA but now i take it once in the morning and once at night and it seems to help me thru out the day.

Harrisburg, Pa

diana
07-02-04, 18:50
Ogarchamplin,

Good that you have found something that is helping you out through the day. Every little bit helps ey? Keep posting to let us know how things are going for ya.

Take care,

Diana xxxxx

cindyc
07-02-04, 22:27
Hi,

Like you, I also experience all the signs/symptoms of a heart attack during a p/a. Its quite unnerving.....and all of the common sense rules that we've always learned kick in. But, we're still here......and have had testing done, so obviously the feelings are from anxiety. I know that's hard to remember during the moment, but just keep trying. I'm glad the medication has been helpful for you. Another little tidbit you might try......I recently started taking a yoga class. It is incredible.....relieving so much muscle tension/stress and feeling so refreshed/relaxed afterwards. I've also ordered a yoga DVD so that I can also do it at home. Something you might want to consider.....every little bit helps.

Good luck!
Cindy

diana
08-02-04, 20:49
Hi everyone,

I know this is off of the topic, but I was wondering if anyone gets "extreme" irritability? If so any suggestions on how to get it under control? I have been getting very irritable lately eg. I hate hearing noise like spoons scraping against a plate or bowl, I hate to hear tapping, figiting (check spelling) things like this. I just feel like going off (screaming) or something. Any suggestions anyone?

Take care all,

Diana xxxx

nomorepanic
08-02-04, 20:57
Diana

I do find that when I am more stressed or anxious that silly things irritate me and I usually take them out on Alex - bless him.

It is hard to ignore them isn't it and the more they do it the more it irritates you.

Not got any suggestions about a cure I am afraid except trying to ignore it or walk away - lol

Nicola

diana
09-02-04, 17:43
Thanks Nic,

As much as I figured, could`nt be an easy cure ey? It is very hard to ignore is`nt it? LOL.............. :), and yes like you I take them out on whom ever seems to be around at the moment. Bless all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.............. :). Oh well just another part of life I suppose. :)

Take care,

Diana xxxx

PanicJay
13-02-04, 05:49
i hate the felling i have all day the figiting and stuff it sometimes make me go into a P/A

uryjm
14-02-04, 09:29
"Grow up and get over it"? Cleary your friend was talking to himself.

Jim