PDA

View Full Version : Strange feeling like a lump in throat/clicking noise

ali29
08-02-10, 13:07
I have just started over the last few days to experience this, when i swallow its more difficult then normal as its like a clicky noise and i am sure i feel a click inside my throat, also i feel like somethings stuck in my throat and stomach.
I'm worried its stomach cancer, throat cancer or something similar??????

Kate23
10-02-10, 02:49
Hi there. I used to get this a lot when i slept on my back. And it felt like it was my tonsills kind of moving. Also when i drank water when turning my head to the left or right (weird as that sounds) felt like something stuck in my throat(but not stomach). I used to suffer from tonisillitis a lot and a a result my tonsills seem to look a bit battered. If anyone else knows what this may be i would be keen to know also. ali29 you are not alone hehe

marley
10-02-10, 03:12
Ah the clicky noise. I get that too. I can't figure out what it is. I have allergy/sinus issues though, so I thought it might be related to post nasal drip? My throat is quite often slightly inflamed/irritated.

mikhail1028
10-02-10, 04:09
Globus hystericus,,,,

Anyone who suffers from panic attacks have this this is out neck muscle's response

turtleonaleash
10-02-10, 05:53
I second the globus hysterics. So frustrating/annoying/irritating/awful. When you stop focusing on it, it will go away.

stuart88
10-02-10, 06:56
Can Globus Hystericus feel like you've constantly got saliva stuck in your throat? It doesn't feel like a lump as such for me, but I'm constantly swallowing to clear my throat or forcing the saliva back into my mouth then swallowing again. It's quite irritating.

mikhail1028
10-02-10, 20:47
Can Globus Hystericus feel like you've constantly got saliva stuck in your throat? It doesn't feel like a lump as such for me, but I'm constantly swallowing to clear my throat or forcing the saliva back into my mouth then swallowing again. It's quite irritating.

Im in position to say this,, But I think soo,, Just drink alot of fluids since tensed muscles require more fluid

carli
10-02-10, 21:16
Hiya, i had this a few weeks back, have a look through my posts. Its caused by over swallowing, like if u keep really swallowing straight after each other it causes the muscles to spasam. I had stuff (sorry) keep running down my throat and it was making me swallow so much that i kept getting that clicking sensation in my throat. Nothing to worry about hun, try not to swallow too much and it will go. xx

Tonyzr
04-07-13, 10:12
Hi Carly I am getting. Clicking in my throat. It so annoying what should I do???

mummyanxious
04-07-13, 10:15
I get this. It's the hyoid bone in your throat. I will permit you to look on Wikipedia. It's just a bone, nothing to worry about.

Speranza
04-07-13, 10:20
Oh is the click Globus too? I never connected them. Always wondered what that click was! Then went on to get the more classic symptoms. My Globus went with Omaprezole... the doctor was great, explained all about it, fascinating stuff. Anyway it went! (Good to go to the doctor cos lots of acid swilling about ain't brilliant for your vocal cords).

Tonyzr
04-07-13, 11:48
I don't what is? But I don't feel unwell or anything x

---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

So where did you feel the click? Mines is when I am swallowing saliva... And it's at the right side of my throat. I'm scared incase it's cancer and I'm going on holiday in week. Plz help

mummyanxious
04-07-13, 12:11
It's absolutely not cancer. It's a bone everyone has in their neck. Mine clicks on the left or the right. Mostly when I move my neck and swallow at the same time. Completely normal.

Tonyzr
04-07-13, 12:36
What causes the click?

bulan
11-11-14, 14:12
I woke up this morning with clicking on the top, left side of my throat. I second Tonyzr's question: What actually causes this click to happen? And why is it not there one minute, and there the next? Can exercises or stretches clear it up?

bulan
19-11-14, 05:30
I'm also curious about the connection of the clicking with sinus problems and post nasal drip. Does anyone have more information on it?

---------- Post added at 00:30 ---------- Previous post was at 00:20 ----------

(Good to go to the doctor cos lots of acid swilling about ain't brilliant for your vocal cords).

I know the feeling, Speranza. Sorry to share this detail, but I've had congestion and post nasal drip for months, and I've had more and more trouble with my vocal cords over time. I'm constantly clearing them, and regularly deal with a hoarse voice. It's not fun, and I'd like to find an end to this.

bulan
21-11-14, 05:25
My clicking throat hasn't gone away yet, so I'm a little more concerned. Has anyone else dealt with this?

I've also found several threads online talking about this throat click, but I haven't found any answer in them yet. Here's what I've found:

http://www.doctorslounge.com/primary/forums/backup/topic-3642.html

http://ehealthforum.com/health/click-when-swallowing-t143856.html

And this is the most informative thread I've found so far: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Ear--Nose--Throat/Click-when-swallowing/show/364831