PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie!

cherrychick
08-02-10, 13:50
Hello all!
I'm Nicola and I am currently on SSRI's for Anxiety and Depression...
I live in Kent and moved here a few months ago - new job, new house...thought it would be a fresh start....until the depression and anxiety kicked in....

Got so destructive that my partner was thinking of calling it a day....so went to GP's (leaving my pride at home) and was prescribed antidepressants...that was last week...

I've been off work now (sick) for about 3 weeks (had an op and that made me even worse...) I'm now afraid of returning to work....worrying about what people will say....and generally not wanting to leave the safety of my home....

If anyone has any advice on how to deal with this or has similar problems I would love to talk :blush:

nomorepanic
08-02-10, 13:52
Hi cherrychick

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mr Parfect
08-02-10, 20:10
Welcome to NMP

moks
08-02-10, 20:21
Hi Cherry,

Youve come to a great place full of support and advice! Let us know how you're getting on! Cheers!

lindor
08-02-10, 22:51
Hi Cherry Chick. What part of Kent are you in? I'm in the south East.

loobydoobs
09-02-10, 02:43
Hi Cherry, welcome, I'm sure you'll find lots of help and advice here. Don't be too hard on yourself, you've just been through lots of changes in your life lately, that's the reason for your anxiety. Just take everthing slowly and at your own pace and you'll gradually start to get back on track! Good luck and don't forget, you'll always have friends here! Take care x

Vanilla Sky
09-02-10, 11:59
Hi cherry , welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

cherrychick
09-02-10, 13:56
Hi Lindor - I'm in Medway....