PDA

View Full Version : feel faint - like mini blackout

june
08-02-10, 14:28
:hugs:I have a lot going on in my life at the moment - my stress levels have reached breaking point.
HAS ANYONE had the sensation:ohmy::ohmy:
If you have banged your head, it feels as if your brain was jolted and you take a quick gasp of breath - and then the fear (adrenalin rush) have you damaged your head?

Fear Fear are you going to faint??

BUT THIS sensation happens when i am sitting watching TV or sewing.
IT IS soooo terrifying:weep:
PLEASE has anyone had this sensation????
June

NeverRelaxed
08-02-10, 16:24
yes. i have it now too :( i hate it so much and want it to go away.

NeverRelaxed
08-02-10, 16:25
is it like a split second jolt? like you're abt to blackout but then you snap out of it straight away?

NeverRelaxed
08-02-10, 19:30
nobody else?????????

june
09-02-10, 10:47
is it like a split second jolt? like you're abt to blackout but then you snap out of it straight away?
Yes - just like someone slapped you on the head as they passed by.
Although you 'snap' out of it - the rush of fear it leaves you with is terrifying.:weep:
It is the 'not understanding what happened'? was it serious? am i ill?:weep:
I am so pleased you answered - and sorry you suffer the same thing.
I am still a bit anxious today - saying that i am always anxious lately - but more on edge today.
I hope you are feeling better.
SOOOO disappointed that no one else cared to answer - just a kind word helps.
Best wishes
June
:hugs:

NeverRelaxed
09-02-10, 15:23
i think it was due to a nasty virus for me..its fading. i also think i have an ear problem.

Typer
09-02-10, 15:43

Mine is like this above. Has happened a few times and scares me. I wish I knew why it happens

mandie
09-02-10, 17:10
Hi

Yes i get this, had it for years on and off but still frightens me. makes me feel on edge for the rest of the day

mandie x

june
10-02-10, 14:53
Hi

Yes i get this, had it for years on and off but still frightens me. makes me feel on edge for the rest of the day

mandie x
Yes, i felt weak "jelly legs" the whole of the next day.
The fear / terror is the worst.
The OMG what is happening to me????:weep:
So there are only 4 of us who suffer like this????:ohmy:
Best wishes
June

phil06
28-03-10, 16:01
This is how I feel. It's been affecting me during panic attacks all year. I feel very weak, dizzy like a mini black out...frozen. When I get like this I struggle to stay in the situation at the moment. I keep expecting myself to pass out. :blush:

Jannie2948
28-03-10, 16:06
Me too, got it right at this moment, feel really faint and anxious, feels like I'm gonna pass out. Been on meds for about 5 months now, but still have these days here and there and they are blooming awful, The jelly legs and shaking inside is the worst feeling along with the lightheadedness, aaaagh I wish this would go away :-) I know it sounds awful, but I am so glad to come on here and see that I am not alone with these feelings.

Jannie x x

smpomeroy
28-03-10, 16:22
I havent seen your post before to respond. Be assured people will reply if they feel they can help so try not to be disappointed by a small number of responses.

Yes I have had that its almost like for a split second someone pushed me. I used to get a feeling like an electric shock in my head but that was after taking seroxat (before they knew the side ffects) and it was very frightening,

Suz

gypsywomen
28-03-10, 17:54
maybe you might have word with your docter ,to put your mindat ease,, jolts are awfull ,,used to get them when first started with anxiety ,hoe you feel better soon try not to worry your not alone love

Typer
28-03-10, 18:43
The mini black out thing...I was trying to explain this to my GP. For me I come too before I actually hit the ground...it lasts for seconds. One time I did have to hang onto the chair arm. Anyone know what it is or why it happens?

matrix123
19-10-13, 11:59
This is really old discussion, but I'm struggling with the same thing...like mini blackouts, like I will faint in an instant. It's so scary :)

The problem is that I feel light headed all day...and this blackout sensation makes it worst...

Fishmanpa
19-10-13, 13:32
Hi June,

In the "Symptoms" section on the left side of the page is a section on dizziness and light headedness. It describes what you posted almost to the letter.

Good Luck!

matrix123
19-10-13, 16:17
Thanx a lot for reminding me of that :)

Another variation includes a constant state of unbalance, spinning, wooziness, fogginess and so on. Often it is accompanied by a feeling that you may pass out (some people do, however, that's not common).
This symptom has a few causes. It could be from a blood sugar imbalance, hyperventilation (not getting enough oxygen) or an inner ear or ear pressure condition.

In my case is exactly the part in bold...usually only 20 minutes or so in the morning I'm better and usually as the day progress it makes it worse. I guess that in the morning I don't feel very anxious and as soon as I start to focus on it it gets worse...

Karol.Papis
27-10-13, 11:21
Hi, I think that feeling anxious causes certain physical symptoms that prepare your body to fight or flight the perceived 'danger' (a source of stress). If the 'adrenaline rush' continues for a bit (you feel stressed for a longer while) you may experience some unusual sensations such as feeling tense and alert on one hand or dizzy and weak/about to faint on the other. You may think you 'hear' something too. It will usually go away when you do something that completely takes your mind off the worry :) Hope that helps! :D

Izzytheanxietyqueen
27-10-13, 22:02
:hugs:I have a lot going on in my life at the moment - my stress levels have reached breaking point.
HAS ANYONE had the sensation:ohmy::ohmy:
If you have banged your head, it feels as if your brain was jolted and you take a quick gasp of breath - and then the fear (adrenalin rush) have you damaged your head?

Fear Fear are you going to faint??

BUT THIS sensation happens when i am sitting watching TV or sewing.
IT IS soooo terrifying:weep:
PLEASE has anyone had this sensation????
June

I get this so so much!! :/

Sydney100
28-10-13, 21:54
Yes I get it too. Try looking up brain zaps xx