PDA

View Full Version : So frustrated and annoyed and scared!!!

NeverRelaxed
08-02-10, 16:32
This dizzy/lightheaded feeling us driving me up the wall...Its lasted for around a month but its got worse this last week..Ive taken two trips to A&E in three days..All was fine they told me..doc said to seek further advice from GP..Thinks its reflux, given the other symptoms I Have...Im just fed up..Im wuilling to accept that it is not my heart after months of thinking it was A-Fib..Ive had Numerous ECG's all normal..Been physically examined by FOUR doctors..All say heart.chest sounds fine...Blood work came bk fine....Im just at a loss..I cant see how anxiety can make you feel these horrifying jolt like shots of lightheadeness...How it can make you feel as though your head is slowly falling to one side...I feel unsteady, my eyes cant focus properly...HOW CAN ANX DO THIS?!?!

I dont get it...I can exercise (Jog) for 20 mins and have no problems..so surely if it was a cardio-vascualr or brain problem Id experience problems?!?!

den68
08-02-10, 16:49
its amazing what physical symptoms come from anxiety feeling dizzy being one of them your gp should be able to help you though

Corinne
08-02-10, 17:04
I've been dizzy for about 35 years. I do have Meniere's Disease, but dizziness is the first thing that happens when I'm anxious -- which is all the time.

I'm very light headed even as I am typing this. It's a horrible feeling, but I know that it's anxiety and nothing else. I've had so many CTs and MRIs -- the latest in Nov. '09. The only thing they find is the little birdy swinging on its perch.:D

I know it's hard to accept that it's anxiety, but believe me, with all my experience with it, I'm convinced. A low dose of Ativan (lorazapam) helps me considerably.

Jimpy
08-02-10, 20:01
Your having a bad time if it mate but I sure your ok and it is just anxiet. Over time my symptoms have changed and some have got worse, dizzyness is also getting to me a bit now. How do you feel after going jogging?

NeverRelaxed
08-02-10, 20:11
a little bit lightheaded but good. I like to keep up with the exercise.

Im getting pressure around my temples and nose area and my ears are ringing a bit..I htink it might be sinus pressure..My nose is contantly stuffy/blocked...doc said GERD can cause sinus problems...

Its just these weird jolts I cant stand..when I woke this morning I had the weirddest sensation..Like a pulling feeling in my head...Like these lightheaded jolts im getting lately..Its like a nervous tic in my head..soooo weird...

Oh yeah, When you stare at something for long enough without blinking is it normal for it to become all distorted etc?

Jimpy
08-02-10, 20:25
I often doubt, especially when tired and run down that all these things can be caused by anxiety. I convince myself, well convince is the wrong word, it is almost like in the bad days I just believe I have something wrong with me and nothing can tell me otherwise and symptoms like the ones your expeiriencing can set me off. But then I get stronger minded again and I know it is all anxiety, I just try to stay positive, running really helps. I have always kept fit except for the last year and have only recently started running again and I always feel lightheaded afterwards especially if I am outside in this weather!
Things do get distorted if you stare at them long enough without blinking no doubt bout that, it like if I stare at a word long enough it starts to make no sense, weird thing the mind!