PDA

View Full Version : Seeking reassurance about chronic gastritis

panacea
08-02-10, 17:59
Sorry but my anxiety levels are creeping upwards again.

Quick history: Have had a prolonged attack of gastritis since new year. Had endoscopy 3 weeks ago and it showed gastritis and a small bleed. Small bleed has stopped now. No ulcer or h. pylori. Commenced on omeprazole 40mg daily.

I have improved but still feel 'not right'. Nausea and gagging feeling persists every morning. Tummy feels fragile on and off. Feeling of fullness and episodes of burping. Appetite varies, although I'm careful to eat small amounts regularly. Some parts of the day I feel absolutely fine and then suddenly the symptoms return with a vengeance.

Can anyone relate to this? Do you think my anxiety could produce such strong physical sensations like nausea. I'm not convinced. I feel like there is something medically wrong with me but endoscopy findings were relatively unremarkable, if you see what I mean.

Thanks for reading.

maybeoneday
08-02-10, 18:14
hi hun
i have been having same symptoms for months, mydoctor has put me on omeprazole without doing any tests.
ive got pain in my upper left stomach, nausia, gagging, feels like i have mucous in throat, some heart burn, very bloated full feeling, sometimes feels like someone is squeezing my stomach so tight i cant breath, theproblem is im so scared to take the tablets, im scared to take tablets in case i get side effects. did you have any of htese symptoms?

panacea
08-02-10, 21:00
Hi, maybe.

I have similar symptoms to you but I find that the omeprazole helps.

Just disappointed that the medication hasn't fully sorted out my stomach problems. I'm fed up with the nausea, constant burping and feeling fragile first thing in the morning. It's so debilitating especially as I'm so busy with kids, work etc. You'd think that would be a distraction but it isn't. I feel truly yuck for the first few hours despite tea and toast. Just wondering if anyone else has similar problems with their gastritis.
My health anxiety has reached a new level.

maybeoneday
08-02-10, 22:43
hi panacea
the thing thats worrying me the most isthe breathing thing, stomach goes tight and i feel like i cant get air, have you experienced this.
seemto get overone thing and then someting else happens. you do weell working with it, i have to keep laying down as i find it so uncomfortable.
i find if i keep eating the pain goes. cant do this theweigt wil pile on.