PDA

View Full Version : Upper Back Pain

nickieb
08-02-10, 19:29
I am suffering hellish upper back pain across shoulder blades & straight across all the way to the middle where my bra strap lies. It also hurts in exact same spot at the front, where your sternum lies. When i touch my back its agony...

Does anyone have any tips to ease the aching as ibuprofen doesn't seem to work!

Blood hell give me lower back pain anyday.

Nic x

ScaredCaz
08-02-10, 21:48
Hi Nickie

I get this too exactly the same some people have said it could be acid reflux i can,t take ibruprofen because of my dodgy stomache i do find paracetamols 4 x a day help a little and at night i use a heat pad but not when i am asleep i also use deep heat cream or spray and just hope tomorrow will be better sorry you are suffering too

Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Vanilla Sky
08-02-10, 21:49
I know how you feel , it's so painful. Loosen your bra !! I do this quite a lot ( at home lol ) do some slow stretches as well . It's amazing the amount of tension we hold in upper back. It's my shoulders and neck that get it and i have excercises from physio which are helping me. Also a good massage will ease tension to and make you feel relaxed. I have a wee electric blanket that is my best friend when im really aching, the heat helps. Hope you feel better soon :flowers:
Paige x

jenza20
08-02-10, 21:54
I wrote a similar post today (although I had added stomach ache so couldn't take painkillers for fear of making it worse!).

Someone said it could be reflux on my post, likewise on yours. I think this is very possible. I have had it before and today I tried Zantac which I used before for reflux. It has worked!!