PDA

View Full Version : Hypnotherapy - Cost & Recommendations

kp77
08-02-10, 19:31
Having been on citalopram for ~3months I figuared its about time I looked to sorting myself out. I've been considering hypnotherapy, gradually getting the nerve up for it. What sort of cost are we looking at for a session? ( I did a search but didn't spot anything). Also any recommendations for the Suffolk/North Essex area? (If it's ok to ask that on here).

Thanks.

ElizabethJane
08-02-10, 21:19
I went for hypnosis to a GP practice in Essex. There are three people who practice hypnosis here one is a GP and the other two are nurse practicioners. There is is a waiting list and if you live in Essex you might be able to get a referral on the NHS. If you PM me I will let you know the details. They also do private practice.

JohnBliss
09-02-10, 19:09
I paid £54 per hour for hypnotherapy which I think is about the norm certainly in the " provinces". You're so right to find a hypnotherapist who comes recommended. I didn't and spent a lot of money for no benefit
Best of Luck
John

bellabessnjet
09-02-10, 23:19
Research it thouroughly is my advice. I sort hypno for a phobia but unfortunately opened up a can of worms of bad memories. However a lot of people have positive outcomes and is very worthwhile, I think it depends on you and your circumstances, my mum had hypno to stop smoking and it worked immediately. All you cann do is try and most therapists should offer you a free 30+mins consultation so take advantage and see how you feel with that person.
Good luck and I'm only sharing my story but you could have a positive outcome.
All the best
angela

jude uk
10-02-10, 02:13
There is a list on this site but if you dont find one on here you're GP will point you in the right direction.
There are a lot of benefits to seeing a hypnotherapist and if you also see one that has a psycology degree this will be better.

kp77
10-02-10, 19:39
Thanks for the replies. The list of therapists, do you mean the link to the National Register of Hypnotherapists?

Just need to get the courage up to do step 2, contact therapist!

jude uk
11-02-10, 05:45
yeah check out the link kp

Do contact one, a good one will put you at ease and you can take someone a long with you for extra support