PDA

View Full Version : Hello

kp77
08-02-10, 19:43
Hi,

I've been stalking the forums for a bit, thought I'd get around to saying hello. I guess I've always been a stress-head. However the past few years it's got a lot worse. I damaged my neck a year and a half ago and was the final tipping point, mainly due to the lack of sleep and strange side effects. To cut a long story short I guess I'd be classed as having general anxiety, health anxiety. Guess most things would go under the catagory of "fear of the unknown". Like a lot of people I tend to get myself so worked up my body starts to complain (muscle aches, stomach upsets, colds). Which until recently I was convinced was a succession of viruses.

Having been to the doc's a couple of times about the anxiety I finally went with a bit of purpose and am now on citalopram (posts on here gave me the boost to do it). I'm looking in to Hypontherapy and intend to try and get CBT from the doctor.

Thankfully I have an understanding partner, who puts up with my stresses and knows that when things are bad going out is unlikely.

I'll stop now as I could rattle on for ages! No doubt I'll be bother you all with questions and hopefully be answering some of yours.

kp.

diane07
08-02-10, 19:44
Hi kp77

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
08-02-10, 21:32
Hi there and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

willamtarker
09-02-10, 09:45
Hi I am Wiliam tarker. And I am newbie here. I am looking forward to share my knowledge with others and get increase my knowledge by others..

Maj
09-02-10, 09:54
Hello,

You are among friends here and will get lots of support.
Myra:hugs:

Veronica H
09-02-10, 21:43
:welcome:KP and Willam. Glad to have you both here. This is a very supportive site with good information.

Veronicax