PDA

View Full Version : Woke up this morning with the heebeejeebees

looking4answers
08-02-10, 20:05
For the last few weeks I have been waking up and feeling creepy..I can't really put my finger on what is wrong but just weird creepy feeling.. like something bad is going to happen.. I have heard my pulse in my ears for about that long but that is normal for me especially in the snowy weather..

Sometimes i feel like my heart might be something wrong but I check it and its beating about 74 to 68 and steady and my bp is ok.nothing really serious there.. Its been snowing off and on but we have had some days of beautiful sunlight..Its like I have something im worried about in the back of my mind but not sure what it is.. I have been getting a lot of pains all over my body random but nothing specific..

I have been depressed about the way I feel physically and wonder if Ill ever feel better and then I get depressed about things in my past and sometimes I go to where my high school class are celebrating reunions and get so depressed because they all look so old. I guess even at 55 im thinking about getting older and so sad that I too was young one time but then I read so many problems that many of you younger people are having
and it reminds me of times that I was having growing pains and worries of
small children and worries of life at your ages and think I wouldn't want to
go back through that so then I start feeling a little better about being older although how good can you feel about being older..

I don't know its just a nervousness that I cannot shake, in someways I worry about being ill and dying and other ways I feel I shouldn't worry that im older and getting towards the end of my life and then I think.. Im really
not that old but when I go to my old school sites and see the people I used to know that were all so good looking and young have become chunky and older and I can't even recognize them I get down and out..

Does anyone else here ever wake up feeling scared and not knowing why
they are scared.Looking outside I see a landscape I see everyday but it
still doesn't seem to be familiar at times. I worry because everyday seems
the same and I have such crazy dreams..I never dreamed very much in my entire life other than when we moved here and I could have composed a
book with my dreams in it by now..

Lately I have been getting a little sick to my stomach and just a general ill feeling.. I don't really want to go to my doctor because last time I was there it scared me so bad I get terrified just thinking of going there again.

Anyway I really just wanted to know if anyone else ever felt this way. Please let me know your thoughts on what I have typed here and how you feel. Thanks Michael

Vanilla Sky
08-02-10, 21:39
Ah, the heebeejeebees !! I have been feeling this way for a few weeks now, I thought i had this anxiety thing under control , but it's reared it's ugly head once again. I have found myself back at the doctors.... again.... it's so draining BUT.... there is a positive feeling lurking around me as well , I've been here before and i can do it again.... and so can you !
I can relate to everything you have said, it is all part of anxiety , try not to look to deep into what you are thinking about and don't dwell on it, it's only observations and thoughts.....
Love Paige x:)

Maj
08-02-10, 22:31
Hello Michael,

I, too, have wakened up feeling like that sometimes. It's like an eerie, black cloud hanging over you that's come from nowhere. I think it's best if you try not to take it too seriously and know that this, too, will pass. Lots of things can affect our moods. It will go and be only a memory. Sometimes we are too sensitive and over analyze our every thought and feeling - that's all it is. It's body chemistry, I'm sure. I am also positive that when we hit middle age then we go through a period of feeling like we're running out of time. I know my husband and I both felt like this for a while. You come back down to earth eventually and realise that you are not on the way out!! I'd just put it down to a mid-life crisis - I'm convinced we all have them, whether we like it or not!! Yes, it's sad that we get old and look and feel different, but we've still got a lot of living to do and have lots of wisdom to share.
Myra:hugs:

looking4answers
08-02-10, 22:54
Hi Myra,

Think you have pretty much got the feeing spot on and also Paige as well..Its kind of bizarre just sits in the back of your mind like .. kind of like you are suppose to be doing something and your mind can't remember what it was..or you are waiting on something?

Do you feel that way too? I can't really find exactly what it is.. Just a feeling..I guess like the horror movies that the people say the hair stands on the back of their neck..

I don't know ..Its really creepy and I hate it..I too find that I suppose maybe its my subconscious wondering if today is the day .Have you ever seen the movie about "death "taking a body and choosing a person to spend time with to experience life?

Its called Meet Joe Black with Brad Pitt in the movie..So weird..The guy wakes to chest pains and then hears voices that say "yes" yes yes .. and the guy having the heart attack thinks someone is playing a trick on him and then finds that "death" has taken a human body and has decided to delay taking him to find out more about life and he in particular and so on..Well its kind of like that.. Every pain or twitch or weird feeling you are wondering .."is this it?" .. and waiting for something or someone to say yes ..

I have had this feeling for a day or two at the time but never for days on end.. Maybe im just depressed or anxious about leaving this world wondering when.. Maybe I just haven't been outside long enough to get things like that off my mind.. Maybe I haven't been busy enough to keep things like that off my mind.. but one thing I can be happy about and feel good about is the fact that both of you have felt and know exactly what I feel and have brought some logic into my thoughts.thank you. Michael