PDA

View Full Version : No symptom is a sympton?

Lauz
08-02-10, 21:48
I have been doing really well lately, been feeling the best I have since last November when this all started.
Yet the moment I start enjoying life, I take a step back and realise that I am doing OK and then it feels like it comes falling down again.

Does anyone else find that having no symptoms becomes a symptom in itself, that brings you backwards instead of forwards?

looking4answers
08-02-10, 23:04
Yes ,you get so scared about the return of symptoms that you find it scary when you don't have any.I know exactly what you mean.Best thing for you is to get as busy as you can and stop thinking about it while you are not having them.. Good luck to you and thank goodness you don't have any ..Michael

AceFrehley
08-02-10, 23:21
I have been doing really well lately, been feeling the best I have since last November when this all started.
Yet the moment I start enjoying life, I take a step back and realise that I am doing OK and then it feels like it comes falling down again.

Does anyone else find that having no symptoms becomes a symptom in itself, that brings you backwards instead of forwards?

I get that a lot of the time! Its like "Nothing is wrong..WHY?" and then I get myself into a state about it.

looking4answers
08-02-10, 23:24
As I do too.. I suppose we all suffer anxiety so much ..that when we have nothing to worry about it doesn't seem normal so we worry because we aren't worried..

Lauz
09-02-10, 01:07
It is so silly isn't it. When we are feeling so awful all we wish for is to feel 'normal' again. Then when it finially feels like your back you just crap yourself again and stress that there is nothing wrong so there must be something really wrong!
Blah our minds and throughs are frustrating!!!

Starscream
09-02-10, 17:28
Completely know where you are coming from

Ever since Googling illnesses and learning some are asymptomatic for like, 4 years, has destroyed me.

If I am unwell I am stressed out.

If I am "fine", I am even more stressed out

I cannot win