PDA

View Full Version : So much pain

j2
08-02-10, 23:07
For months I have been having recurring pain in my joints and muscles especially in my hands and feet. I get frequent sore elbows and knees too. My index fingers feel "thick" and my hands and feet go from hot to cold and back frequently with numbness also. I am worried about all the nueuro diseases and rheumatoid arthritis or maybe circulation. Does anyone get this over long periods of time?

j2
09-02-10, 14:37
I appreciate all those who looked but I am getting concerned since I have gotten no replies. I am the only one who gets this? Starting to get a little panicky if I am the only one, could this be something serious? Thanks

ZoJo
09-02-10, 14:45
Hi J2,

I can get anything sore, joints, back, fingers! I take cod liver oil to combat my aches and pains - not sure if it does anything, but it helps my mind. If you are really worried, go and see your GP.
Don't get panicky, anxiety can give us all sorts of aches and pains. If you look at other posts, there have been loads of others with pains in joints.
I have an area that feels warm at the bottom of my thumb, I have had it for at least 20 years!! Every so often it feels hot, and nothing has ever come of it.

Dont worry x

j2
09-02-10, 18:29
Thanks zojo. I would see my GP except I can't afford it. I will try and heed your advice and relax.

J2

Kate23
10-02-10, 02:40
Hey, I also get frequent aches and pains especially in my knees and shoulders. I heard it can be related to stress and anxiety from hunching up and sitting awkwardly when in uncomfortable social situations. I noticed I tend to hunch my shoulders a lot and constantly cross my legs so have tried to stop doing that which seems to have helped a bit.

JohnBliss
10-02-10, 18:09
Me too.the pain is mostly in the feet sometimes due to chilblains occasionally due to gout.My feet sometimes get very hot sometimes very cold. I also regularly get backache. I put it down to ageing, poor circulation,diet, overexertion, poor posture etc and try not to let it bother me
All the Best
John