PDA

View Full Version : I spoke to soon

nickieb
09-02-10, 11:42
I woke up in floods of panic last night, & had to go for a drive to calm me down.

Did anyone get like a strange cold tingly feeling with prozac. Like an all over body flushing tingly feeling? Its really hard to describe x

KK77
09-02-10, 17:12
These sensations are very common with Prozac and other SSRIs and are referred to as "chills" in the patient info leaflet. I was on Prozac for a while and got some very odd physical sensations so I really wouldn't worry too much - they'll pass. It could also be linked to other medications you're on but it's more than likely the Prozac.

The drug takes time to work so I'm afraid it's one step forward and another step back until the medication settles and starts to improve your condition.

Keep going and I'm sure you'll start to make progress soon.

And1404
09-02-10, 20:04
Hi Nicola I got that on the fluoxetine too, it used to go from the tips of my feet right up my body, it terrified the life out of me and I had to come off the fluoxetine as it happened every night and gave me massive panic attacks. Try and stick at it if you can, apparently it does pass, I am a worrier and couldnt cope with that it, if you have any further probs go back to the doctor and they can change your meds to something more suitable. Good luck xx