PDA

View Full Version : chest tightness

lucyeast
09-02-10, 11:15
hi im new to this but would like to here others opinions.
ill start at the begining sorry this could go on a bit.
i had my second baby in september and 10 days later had a huge panic attack and ended up going to hospital was told i was ok so went home and saw gp next day he too confirmed there was nothing wrong with me. after this life retuned to normal for a couple of weeks then i got a breast abcsess and had to go to hospital to have it drained 2 days later i had another panic attack.
my gp came to visit me at home and prescribed me some diazipan which i only took once.
since then i was in a pretty much constant state of fear/panic.
i have had numerous phisical problems bad throat, stomach problems,headaches, blurred vision,dizziness and my latest is a tight feeling on the left hand side of my chest in my neck and down my arm.
my gp says this is a trapped nerve/ muscle pain from holding baby in one position for a long time.
the pain is not there all the time and have had it now for 4/5 weeks so figure it probably is not serious and i am just worrying but just so scared of dying!
i have been taking propranolol for 3 weeks seems to help a bit but not with this pain down my left side.
apart from this pain have felt fairly 'normal' for the past few weeks but got panicky again last night feel really weak now and scared of passing out although i never have.
have had bloods done which came back normal but no other tests but gp says my heart sounds fine and heart rate is normal and oxygen levels are normal.
sorry for the long post but i could keep going!
any thoughts would be greatly appreciated:)

Vanilla Sky
09-02-10, 11:48
Hi Lucy , just wanted to say , welcome to NMP, you will find it helpful and supportive here, I hope you feel better soon :hugs: Love Paige x

ZoJo
09-02-10, 14:54
Hi Lucy and welcome!!
Hope you start to feel better soon, you have had a rough trot after having your baby. Try and stay positive, scared of dying is really normal after having a baby!
Take care :D