PDA

View Full Version : The last few months...

turtleonaleash
09-02-10, 11:22
Hi all,

I just joined today. I am driving everyone around me crazy worrying about non-sense. I've had panic attacks all my life but the last month and a half has been the worst. It all started when my throat felt a bit tight, I thought nothing of it until one day it felt like I had swallowed a golf ball. I had a major panic attack and I quickly became afraid to drive/leave my house. I went to the doctor who ran a bunch of tests but they all came back fine. Finally I started researching globus hysterics. I stopped eating for three weeks because of this damn feeling in my throat. I began therapy and the feeling in my throat became better, and finally I was able to eat again. My panic level is just so high. I feel EVERYTHING going on with my body and I constantly think I am dying. I am still afraid to drive/leave the house alone. Currently I am afraid there is something wrong with my heart (my heart is beating fast and I began obsessively taking my blood pressure, my blood pressure was actually LOW but my heart rate was a bit high.) I also found that the ENTIRE left side of my cheek is really rough and I have some white patches. I began googling (something my therapist told me NEVER TO DO) and now I am afraid I have HIV or cancer. I do have a bad habit of chewing my cheek, but the ENTIRE cheek feels rough, not just bits of it. Also my veins feel like they are showing more and it is really worrying me, and my left arm has been very sore/numb/burning lately. I am a 21 year old active female. I work out for 30 minutes a day and I had no medical issues prior to this heightened state of panic. I have driven everyone around me crazy with my constant dooms-day worrying. I really hope someone here can help me lay my fears to rest.

Incase you do not feel like reading the entire post my symptoms are:-

21 year old/healthy/active/female with:-

Globus Hysterics
White patches/rough patches/ bumps and lumps inside cheek
Racing heart but normal blood pressure
Prominent veins
Soreness/numbness/tingling/cramping in left arm.

I've been to more dr's lately and they all say it's all in my head, but everyday I find a new "symptom."

lucyeast
09-02-10, 11:38
hi there i am new to this too but share many of your 'symptoms' its so scary i too keep finding new things wrong with me but been told by gp it is anxiety which sometimes i believe and sometimes not.
sorry im not much help to you sure it is anxiety but i know how scary it is

Vanilla Sky
09-02-10, 11:53
Welcome to NMP , you will get support here :hugs: Paige x

turtleonaleash
09-02-10, 19:30
:hugs: thank you

turtleonaleash
09-02-10, 19:33
It's so frustrating. Half of my brain is telling me not to worry (and when I don't worry or when I am doing something to occupy my time, I almost completely forget about all of my aches and pains.) But the other half of my brain is telling me something is NOT right and if I don't get it checked out I will die. I am too embarrassed to keep going back to my Dr. though. I felt totally healthy before all of this panic and now I feel frail and I'm afraid to do anything. I stayed up until 4am last night "researching" all of my possible diseases. And of course I only pay attention to the negative websites that feed into my fears, never the positive websites that say it is nothing!

Jimpy
09-02-10, 19:54
Welcome to the site! I know it's tough and the temptation is so strong but try try try to keep away from the Google search bar, it's digital panic. I can't lecture I have done it enough!!

I have hadsome of the symptoms your experiencing and it I found that anxiety made me so aware of what was going on inside me even Budda would have been proud, all I can say is that for a couple of months I logged every twinge, pain, spot and rash and would dwell on each one for hours. Now though things have calmed right down, first I got reassurance from my doctor (and two other docs!) and MADE myself believe them. But mainly I have given myself time, taken small steps everyday, such as not checking my symptoms no matter how hard the temptation is, also made alot of time to do things I enjoy ( I have three kids so sometimes this has been tough!) but slowly I am getting myself together and I have no doubt that we all can overcome this as long as we trust ourselves to know what we need to do. I still have bad days butit is not even comparable to how it was just before Christmas.

Above all else make time to relax even of you can't at first!

Starscream
09-02-10, 20:09
I can relate to you with the white patches and gum/cheek issues.

I literally have something wrong with my tongue/mouth every week.

turtleonaleash
09-02-10, 21:01
The white patches in my cheek are what "pushed me over the edge" last night. I felt over to my cheek with my tongue and it was really rough and when I looked in the mirror I had little white bumps. They are still there today, it doesn't feel as rough, but it's still white and bumpy. I am convinced I have oral cancer even though I have a bad habit of chewing on my cheeks. :scared15:

mikhail1028
09-02-10, 22:06
we are on a same boat here,, white patches inside my cheeks the globus thing in my throat sudden loss of appetite and my weight changes,,

these all happened when i convinced myself i have this certain illness inside but when i learned how to not think of it all the symptoms gradually faded away when u start to feel good it starts to disappear

turtleonaleash
10-02-10, 20:51
I take 30mg's of mirtazapine (I've taken 15mg for the last 5-6 years but when all of this anxiety started they bumped it to 30mg.) It doesn't seem to be helping and my mom wants me to go talk to my doctor about changing it to a different medication, but I am too afraid to take anything else. I know remeron and I know it won't hurt me but I'm afraid if I take another medication it will affect my blood pressure, or it will be too sedative and I will have an apnea attack and I won't wake up (mirtazapine has a sedative effect but it has also been used in clinical trials for people with apnea, it actually helps reduce the frequency of attacks.) The thought of changing my medication is causing me a lot of anxiety. It's funny, before all of this started I was supposed to be going to pharmacy school, but I'm terrified to take any medication.
:scared15:

turtleonaleash
10-02-10, 20:53
do you feel like you've been more stressed than usual? When I reached the peak of my anxiety a few months ago my mouth felt rough and this nearly killed me...this forum really helped me calm down and it has disappeared since then. Hope you are doing better.

I was going through a stressful time. A lot of things in my life were about to change. I was about to start college (I've been homeschooled since grade 8 so the thought of starting school again was terrifying to say the least.) Like I said, I've had panic attacks since I was a kid (and a lot of those panic attacks were because of school.) I just feel so out of control lately. I feel like I have no control over my body.