PDA

View Full Version : soooo worried numb leg

tashbarnes87
09-02-10, 11:50
i happened again :weep: i woke up this morning & my left thigh just above my knee was numb, i was lying on my back in my sleepy state i rolled over and it went after a while. I googled :mad: & it is a symptom of MS im so worried i was nearly sick :( does anyone else get this??

joyce1980
09-02-10, 11:58
Since my anxiety came back, YUP :(

rebeccad
09-02-10, 12:22
tash, take a deep breath and calm down, yes numbness is a sign of ms, but not the numbness that goes away after a couple of minutes, the numbness lasts for days/weeks or sometimes months, honestly it would have been the way you were lying even though you were on your back you could have still have been lying on a nerve of something. If it has gone now you are fine, sometimes i wake up and the whole of my hand is numb and i havnt been lying on them either it freaks me out at the time and its seems like an eternity for it to go but it always does.
take care

xxxxxx

tashbarnes87
09-02-10, 12:28
i have only had this since being pregnant ahhhh i dont want to go down this road again :(

Maj
09-02-10, 12:34
Sounds like it's maybe a bit of sciatica? Not serious, but very common, so please don't get worried about it.
Myra:hugs:

JaneC
09-02-10, 13:04
Sciatica is the first thing that came to mind when I read your post as well - I had it in all three of my pregnancies

tashbarnes87
09-02-10, 13:05
thanks all, i dont have any pain though That you usually get with Sciatica.Could it still be? x

rebeccad
09-02-10, 13:23
not sure about the sciatica i always thought that was a pain running from your bum down your leg and the bottom of your back, my hubbie had this quite severe and had to have an epidural to help him, if it went off when you rolled over it was probably just the position you were lying in maybe a bit twisted(your body i mean lol)
xxxx

tashbarnes87
09-02-10, 17:11
ahhh thanks rebecca, i dont know why im in such a panic about this but i am :( its constantly on my mind. have an appointment with my anxiety doctor to dicuss but im always so worried they will say ' needs further investigation' :(