PDA

View Full Version : Sore white patch in throat

kittykat
09-02-10, 15:05
Hi all,

Not been on for a while as ive been coping not too bad, but today i have a kinda sore throat.......its just at the left hand side before my dangly tonsil bits, when i press it with my tongue its really sore. I then proceeded to have a look , got the torch out etc and can see a white patch and it also feels a bit rough.....could this be the start of cancer etc . Im really worried and not sure what to do !!!!!!:lac:

Typer
09-02-10, 15:46
Could be a few things...septic throat...thrush, or a touch of tonsilitis. Try some ice lollies (ice kills that kind of bacteria that like warm, wet places) and manuka honey 1 tsp x 3 a day. Let the manuka sit around the tonsils. If it still hurst after that, you may need antibiotics

Spagetti
09-02-10, 15:49
Hi Kitty,

Its much more likely to be an ulcer or pehaps a throat infection. If it is still there in 7 days go to your GP or dentist.

I am an ex dental nurse and have seen this sort of thing many times. Im sure you have nothing to worry about.

Take care xxxx

kittykat
09-02-10, 17:20
Thanks guys ,i'll give it a few days and see how it is cause if it was cancer or tht it wouldnt clear up n get better would it ?