PDA

View Full Version : memory problems

cherrychick
09-02-10, 15:10
Hi all...I've been posting a lot on here since I joined yesterday...

Just have a small question - does anyone else suffer from memory problems?

Not just little things but really big memory lapses - like watching a movie and then forgetting what the movie was about the next day...names...my own age!

I am starting to get worried as it happens quite a few times throughout the day and can get quite embarassing...:blush:

B-gal
11-02-10, 00:37
Hey! I always worry about my memory, ever since I was younger even I could be in the middle of telling a story....and then halfway through Id totally forget what I was talking about. Im now 24 and it still happens, I could forget what I was watchin on telly (during the adverts), peoples faces/names. I cant really remember stuff from when I was a kid either. I think Im just destined to forever have a crap memory. I think many things can contribute like stress, anxiety, depression, underactive thyroid and bad concentration (which I think is my problem because if Im not interested in something I could have a 10 minute conversation with someone and not really know what theyre talking about because Ive just stopped listening)I wouldnt worry too much I think it can be pretty normal. I once heard that it's more of an issue if you become confused and disorientated rather than just losing memory which is why Ive never really worried about it. Hope this helps

xxx
xx
x

Going home
11-02-10, 01:06
Memory loss can be a result of anxiety..lots of thoughts crashing into each other in your tired mind or the opposite can be a vagueness...its easy to forget stuff when you're anxious or depressed. It can sometimes be hormonal too. I'm very familiar with the name lapse thing and go through lots of them to reach the right one!

GH xx

KK77
11-02-10, 18:08
Yes, memory lapses can be a result of anxiety and depression but also some antidepressants and other meds can contribute to this in my opinion.

The fact that it does come to you in the end is a good sign! Forgetting your own age permanently would be a bit worrying...