PDA

View Full Version : feeling really hot all the time

LisaLisa
09-02-10, 15:29
Hi everyone

Can anyone tell me if they suffer from feeling reallyhot all the time, even though the thermometer doesnt show a fever. I feel ilke my upper body is on fire and its really scaring me. Some of you may already know my story about being pertrified that my five negative hiv tests are missing me actually having it.

I havent looked at anything on the net about this burning up feeling and im not going to becuase its better I dont know of any possible link to HIV, im sure there will be many!!

Can anyone relate to the way that I am feeling that is not menopausal or in later years becuase im 33 and dont think that its related to an early menopuase - and dont really want it to be cos the idea of that freaks me out as i have read too much stuff about hiv and womans cycles messing up becuase if it.

anyone help me with this?

Lisa
xxxx

Typer
09-02-10, 15:42
I started having hot flushes aged 35, even though I did not reach full menopause - I still had them. I did not have pre menopause symptoms other than the flushes until I was 48 though. I know at least 3 others who had flushes at your age.

LisaLisa
09-02-10, 15:46
I started having hot flushes aged 35, even though I did not reach full menopause - I still had them. I did not have pre menopause symptoms other than the flushes until I was 48 though. I know at least 3 others who had flushes at your age.

Aw thanks for that Typer

Its so horrible. The thing is they seems to last on and off all day once i start thinking about them. It almost feels like i can control them !!! Does that sound anything like hot flushes?

Lisa
xxxx

Typer
09-02-10, 15:51
Yep...the good news is, I think when you start them young, they can go for months, or years without them and just come back now and then. I remember going to the doctor and her explaining that she had also had them aged about 35 which really helped.

I statred eating more soya which helped thi9nk

debs180
09-02-10, 15:55
Hi Lisa,
Im 29 and i feel hot all the time.....people are always commenting on me wearing t shirts in the middle of winter. My neck, face and forehead are sometimes that hot i feel faint but i never have a temperature with these flushes.
Just thought id say that im the same....and strangley even tho my face etc is burning my hands and feet are cold???

Debs xx

Typer
09-02-10, 15:57
deb it's strange isnt it, that the feet and hands remain cold..for me its as though the heat comes up from the inside. I get them less these days being as I have been in actual menopause for 10 years

Cat80
09-02-10, 16:59
I'm 29 and feel hot all the time. I had blood tests done which showed an elevated ESR levels which means I could have an infection or inflammation somewhere. My Dr sent me for a chest X ray which was normal and that was it. Just been told it'll be down to the anxiety as it's a very common symptom

LisaLisa
10-02-10, 10:29
Thanks so much girls

Your replies have made me feel more normal again. I love this website, so glad i found it!!

Its such a weird feeling isnt it. I too have noticed, cold hands and feet and also definately no change in actuall body temperature that you can measure anyway with a thermometer.

Do any of you also feel like you need to wee more when its happening? and that you end up a little dehydrated? Kind of like you have a mild flu but with the most obvious flu things like sore throat, runny nose blah blah missing?

I did read this thing that said when estrogen withdraws from the body either when progesterone kicks in after midcycle or before menopasuse that some people experience proper withdrawal symptoms - almost like withdrawing from a drug!

I wonder if there is a connection ?

Lisa
xxxxxx

LisaLisa
11-02-10, 13:39
i get this a lot when I feel nervous, which is almost all day as I can't control myself anymore...I also get really cold. I hope youre doing well Lisa :)
Thanks again everyone

Mworrier im okay thanks, still abit wobbly though!!

Im worried about what you say that you cant control yourself anymore? Maybe thats a good thing? I know for me i cant help but beleive that this whole anxiety comes from trying to control things that I just dont need to control!! Dos that makes sense?

I really hope your okay Mworrier!!:hugs::hugs:
Lisa
xxxx

mikhail1028
11-02-10, 21:49
Me too im having my HIV scare right now,,,, Cant even get my self test because of my HA but been to my doc to check me up for symptoms,,
doc says im fine even bought myself a mercury thermometer and the digital one 36.5 everyday no sign of fever all

LisaLisa
12-02-10, 10:34
Honestly Lisa, I don't know anymore...I have come to the realization that it's anxiety...but there's a part of me that says "what if it's not?" and it causes me to panic. I am always nervous, I don't enjoy anything, I recently moved across country because my husbands grandfather has cancer...and now his uncle has it too..and all I hear everyday is health things, people talking about blood, and it is driving me in a horrible state of anxiety...nobody knows how sick I get when I hear these things...it just makes me nervous. For the past couple of days I've had a pain in the back of my mouth, not sure if it's throat or tonsils...I am so scared but am trying to calm down...I'll wait a week and if I'm not better then I will go to doctor

Aw m-worrier dear, its totallly normal to still have that part of you that gives you doubt that this is HA, its what HA does. Its when that doubt kicks in that you have to try the hardest ! Its then that you get the best practise at ignoring the false alarm that HA keeps giving , its actually then that you are making the best progress towards kicking this worrying habit FOR EVER!! and it will happen but to get there you have to take a deep breath and go for it. I agree that what is happening in your family at the moment is very difficult for anyone to go through, least someone with HA but this is also a great opportunity for you to work on ignoring yuour fears and carrying on living as though they dont mean anything.

We are all in this together sweetheart and I know that we will all be just fine

Lisa
xxxxx:hugs::hugs:

LisaLisa
12-02-10, 10:42
Me too im having my HIV scare right now,,,, Cant even get my self test because of my HA but been to my doc to check me up for symptoms,,
doc says im fine even bought myself a mercury thermometer and the digital one 36.5 everyday no sign of fever all

Hey

Whats worrying you so much about hiv?

Are you worrying that you might have recently been exposed to it?

If so there are a lot of posts on here about how difficult it actually is to catch even from intimate contact with a person who has it. You shoudl look at them.

If your worried go and get a test at a GUM clinic, the staff are usually really nice at those places and you can get same day results at most of them. Loads of people go just as a matter of course. Remeber , going for a test for something cannot give you that ilness....the test doesnt change anything......if you dont go, all that you are doing is missing out on a huge possiblity of a celebration because your negative!!!

I dont know your circumstances but i think everyone should get tested for this illness at some point regardless of their perceived risk of having been with someone who has it.

Dont let anxiety control you, you can squash this fear so easily by going for a test dear

Lisa
xxxx:hugs:

mikhail1028
12-02-10, 21:06
Thanks lisa

im really thinking of that right now on getting a test