PDA

View Full Version : New Here

foofoo
09-02-10, 15:52
Hello this is my first time here. Ive suffered from panic/anxiety since I was 14, now 37. The past 2 years 9 months been hellish for me due to the loss of my eldest son. He was only 14. So since then you can only imagine my anxiety has been heightened. I pretened for along time after my sons death I was ok. Well I wasnt and its now all caught up to me. I am feeling the physical symptoms of all my anxiety and having panic attacks daily, not fun. So I have been looking for an online support group and came across this site. Im hoping this can help me get some peace of mind with my anxiety and panic.

-Shannon

diane07
09-02-10, 15:55
Hi foofoo

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

linjoy
09-02-10, 20:25
Hi I can sympathize with you 2 years ago my son was taken into hospital with a life threatening illness in intensive care for a while and the feeling was indescribable I couln't get out of bed fortunately for me my son is still alive but on medication for the rest of his life so I do know a little bit of what you are going through but we are all here for you so come and have a chat when you are feeling down

Veronica H
09-02-10, 21:35
:bighug1::welcome:Shannon. So sorry to hear about your son. You will find comfort and support here.

Veronicax

Patty
11-02-10, 01:54
Hi Shannon,

:welcome:to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your son.

Best wishes :hugs:

Typer
11-02-10, 01:59
Hello Shannon. So sorry to read your sad tale - how hard that must have been for you.

It could be delayed grief - Did you ever talk to anyone, a counsellor after you lost your son? Sometimes, all the pent up feelings become anxiety as they spill out. I have seen this many times, years after a bereavement.

lindor
12-02-10, 12:07
Hi,
I do sympathise with you over your son's death and beleive me I do understand. After being free from panic attacks for many years mine returned two years after my own son's death. Like you I thought I was dealing with it OK.

Previously I coped with mild panic attacks on my own but just before Christmas I felt they were getting out of control and went to the doctor. She was wonderfully understanding and prescribed Citroplax. They took a while to kick in but they are helping.
I still sometimes get down and a little shaky in the evenings but its all more easily controlled.
I would never have gone on medication once but now as my doctor said 'we prescibe drugs for high blood pressure, thyroid problems etc, so its just the same. You need them to help the stress and panicky feelings where the mind has had much to cope with'

Clementine49
12-02-10, 21:55
Hello All

Im new here too this is my first post- I suffer from PD and get Claustrophobic, was Diagnosed with PD by my GP in 2008 and sent for 10 weeks of CBT. I am not on any medication but i do have it if i want it.

I have suffered for around 27 years. I avoid all kinds of travel apart from my own car locally. My 4 kids have all grown up and left home and now i can travel i cant, I really would love to go to USA but cant. I dont know if i will ever get over it and be able to go to other countries. Im also so scared of the dentist to the point of losing teeth.
:D
Clementine