PDA

View Full Version : Been bottling my anxiety/negative thoughts up

phil06
10-02-10, 00:16
Does anybody ever bottle there negative thoughts and anxiety up? My OCD has been that bad I got bored of talking about it and just quietly accepted it but managed to discuss it more tonight. I'm sick of it not feeling "me" anymore. Will the real me come back and does it ever change people? I'm worried I'm some crazy unlucky soul who it messes up.

I almost feel upset as I'm sick of the anxiety. I'm not having the best of luck with things at the moment. When trying for dates with nice woman/jobs I have gave up despite trying. Feel hopeless and a bit down understandably with the knock backs.

I feel i'm silly to bottle it up and make it feel this way but also feel I should not even be getting negative thoughts in the first place..I know it's OCD and anxiety..so when the heck can I have my life back? :doh:

Veronica H
10-02-10, 09:06
:bighug1:Acceptance is the way forward Phil. Plus trying to live in the moment without the 'what ifs' and tuning into the negative mind babble.....it's not easy though but the more days that you manage in this way then the more the pattern establishes itself, in the same way that negative patterns have been formed for us all.

Veronicax