PDA

View Full Version : Types of depression?

phil06
10-02-10, 01:05
I have been googling again and discovered a term 'Major Depressive' or Unipopular where you feel extremely low for 2 weeks to a year. Alot of the symptoms are identical to standard depression/low with anxiety. Like loss of appetite, sex drive, appetite and sleep. I know it's probably not manic depression I had a bad period where I thought it was but just a one off low period a few years ago.

I think I've just had periods of low with anxiety. However they say major depressive is like mental illness so that makes me worry. What if I have that..is it more series? Would people notice if I had that? I guess feeling a bit low is normal and that would be more series and noticeable?

I'm a little worried now I know I shouldn't google as there's so many terms out there. I have been quite low at some points so do people think it's just normal depression..?

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Difference-Between-Major-Depression-and-Minor-Depression&id=2977310

That link kind of helps but it says minor depression goes away with a book or cd does it not take people more than that. That link says clinical and not as serious so maybe major depression is just another term for normal depression?