PDA

View Full Version : Tongue constantly stood up

Bowny
10-02-10, 01:57
My tongue seems to always be stood up kind of like to the roof of my mouth and im getting worried, it feels as if my tonsil is touching my tongue to and i dont know if this is normal or not, i cant seem to stretch my tongue out as much as i could. Im scared of swallowing my tongue or something, anyone else get this?

PanchoGoz
10-02-10, 16:32
Actually I know what you mean...lately I've felt like the back of my mouth at the squidgy back is touching my tongue and almost as if its closing, but this is just because I happen to notice this now, not because there is something wrong with me. Now think logically. Is it really possible to swallow your tongue? no. Everyone's tongue touches the roof of thier mouth in its relaxed position, because it curls up behind your teeth. Don't worry it's nothing! Its never anything with anxiety.

SueBee
10-02-10, 17:32
Your tongue being stuck to the roof of your mouth is a classic anxiety symptom. Apart from making your tongue ache, it will cause the muscles in your neck to tense making you feel like you have a lump in your throat or a choking feeling.

Its very annoyong but you wont choke or swallow your tongue :)