PDA

View Full Version : Nose Bleeds

adamant
10-02-10, 10:50
This is the 3rd one in 10 days now. Im really not good with seeing any form of blood at the best of times and its really worrying me.

Its always my right nostril and happens when I blow my nose. I think thats what triggers it. It doesnt help having a cold meaning I have to blow my nose. Even really light blowing like this morning producers a lot of blood dripping down. Will this amount of blood loss be problematic?

It stops after a while of me lieing on my back holding tissue up there.

Does anyone know what it could be? Could it be the cold weather? Or something worse?

Thanks

NatalieSmith
10-02-10, 11:02
Hello :3
I think it's probably the cold weather. I already have one of those nose bleeds, but only in the winter. :D And there's also the possibility that you hurt your nostril, but I think it's mostly the weather, so you don't have to worry. :hugs:

Hope you feel better! :D

darrenc
10-02-10, 12:27
Nose bleeds are more likely in the days after you have recently recently had one, because the "scar" can take a long time to heal.

I used to get them for days on end during summer.

The amount of blood lost is trivial, and nothing to worry about.

adamant
10-02-10, 13:16
thanks for the replies.

when I bring up phlegm now though (from my cold) its really red/bloody. Is this normal from the bleeding of the nose?

Thanks

nikkinoo
10-02-10, 14:01
Hi there,
Please let me reassure you that the blood in phlegm is quite normal following a nose bleed. I suffer with sinus issues and always get a bloody nose following a cold and experience blood in phlegm following this. I became obsessed and worried about this that it began to take over my life and I was constantly checking my spit for blood. I went to the Doctors about this and he reassured me that it was perfectly normal. The nose is rich in blood vessels and they can easily burst without you knowing, either from blowing too hard or just from changes in extreme temperatures or dry air. I hope this has helped? I am sure you will feel better soon. Just give your nose a change to heal.
Kinest regards Nikki. :-) x

adamant
10-02-10, 16:44
thanks for the reasurence. hope it goes soon. I have a headache now too which is making me worry thinking they are conected. I havent hit my head or anything though so its probably my mind running away

jojo2316
10-02-10, 17:28
Just wanted to let you know that i have had the same thing over the last few days: everytime i blow my nose there is blood from my right nostril. It's freaking me out! But I have just had a cold and used nasal decongestants......... i've read so many threads about nose bleeds on here - i think they are pretty common so try not to worry!