PDA

View Full Version : help with cold or chest infection

wotcanisay
10-02-10, 12:47
hello all

i had cold or chest infection since about last week. been to see 2 doctor's
one friday and monday ,the one on monday give me 7 day's of amoxicillin.

before monday i was starting to feel better but the last 2 days, i started to feel worst again. is there something am doing wrong?

thank you for reading

wotcanisay
10-02-10, 15:20
any one? :(

Spagetti
10-02-10, 15:27
Hi,

Do you mean you feel worse as in the symptoms of the chest infection?

As long as you are taking the antibiotics as prescibed then you wont be doing anything wrong. If it is still bad at the end of your course then a trip back to the doctor is in order in case you need a repeat.

I hope you feel better soon x

Sambapati85
10-02-10, 23:06
Well, could you be a little more specific on what is feeling worse?
Did your doctor first diagnose the problem as a bacterial infection? It sounds like you don't know what you have ... antibiotics are useless against viral infections.

Typical doctors though.

Do you have an pneumonia? cold or what?

Heres what you should do. Buy vitamin 1000mg vitamin C stick to l ascorbate and not sodium ascorbate.
or if you are rich by Lyposomal vitamin C.
Dosage will vary depending on your on need. The optimum level will be titrating to your bowel tolerance limit. Soo once you get diahrea , decrease the dosage slightly.
With a severe infection your tolerance will be muh higher , and you will have a greater need for more vitamin c.

The half life time for vitamin c is 30 minutes.. soo i would supplement 1 gram per 30 minutes , or more. Although you can switch it up like take 6 dosases a day 5 grams at a time, but i find you get better absorption with 1 hour intervals. Also drink sufficient amounts of water.
If you have a severe cold you could use from 60 - 100 grams in 24 hours.
viral pneumonia could be 100 grams - 200 grams.

pussy cat
10-02-10, 23:35
it,s obviously a chest infection as he wouldn,t have given you anti biotics for a cold as they don,t work - unfortunatly antibiotics can upset your stomach & make you feel unwell thats probably why your not feeling so good again but keep with it & take the full course-the problem is while they are killing the bad bugs they do kill off some of the good ones as well,drink plenty,eat chicken soup or curry,keep warm & i,m sure you,ll soon feel better xx:)

MathewAnxiety
10-02-10, 23:43
you nee to take the cure until the end when the doctor tells you to stop. I´ve also heard that warm milk will do wonders too your stomach because it stimulated production of some good bacteria ( dont know which im not a doctor )

Sambapati85
10-02-10, 23:54
it,s obviously a chest infection as he wouldn,t have given you anti biotics for a cold as they don,t work - unfortunatly antibiotics can upset your stomach & make you feel unwell thats probably why your not feeling so good again but keep with it & take the full course-the problem is while they are killing the bad bugs they do kill off some of the good ones as well,drink plenty,eat chicken soup or curry,keep warm & i,m sure you,ll soon feel better xx:)
there are 3 types of chest infections.
bacterial
viral
fungal

Most of the time , doctors hastily prescribe antibiotics for viral infections . This is very common , that is why i wanted to know exatly what kind of infection he had.

After you are done your course of antibiotics , you should be thinking about repopulating your digestive "friendly" bacteria , as pussy cat stated antibiotics do kill the good stuff.
Acidophilus is the proper probiotic you should take for repopulation.

milk , and yogurt ,, both contain probiotics which repopulate only short term. in order for long term repopulation you need to take a probiotic supplement.