PDA

View Full Version : life feels strange!

pink17
10-02-10, 14:18
I handed my notice in at work this week,been off with depression and anxiety after a bad couple of years.I knew i couldnt go back their as when im better i need a new career and fresh start!But it just feels so strange at the moment,knowing im never going back,but i know its defentley what i want,i think just feels strange because worked their 9 years,and its the only place i have ever worked.Also im going to see an occupational health therapist on fri,my gp has referred me to see one,has anyone else ever seen one?

KK77
13-02-10, 23:21
I've never seen an OHT but wanted to say well done for the big changes you've made in your life. Knowing something's not right anymore, even though to end it means leaving your comfort zone, is a brave thing to do.

Wish you success in the future.

pink17
15-02-10, 10:06
Thank u for the message,good luck to the future for you too

Kat M.
16-02-10, 19:55
Hi,
Did you find your visit to an Occupational Therapist useful? Please share.

onceagain
16-02-10, 20:26
I saw the occupational therapist but for my current job, we spoke about what I thought brought on the depression and anxiety, what meds I was on and how I was feeling... the purpose was to slowly introduce me back to my already held job... I ended up with a staggered return...

I know that my caseworker however dealt with the occup therapist at the hospital and they had input into my return and I was finally offered the reduced hours that I sooo needed.

It is a massive step you have taken ... and it does feel strange.. when you change a role there is always that element of fear and doubt but for you to have taken such a huge step means that you know in your heart that it is something you need to do...

I wish you every success and hugs x