PDA

View Full Version : new

jaynec
10-02-10, 15:38
hi everyone,my friend recommended this site,i suffer from panic attacks,usually when i go into shops or places with lots of people.there are certain shops that i cant even bring myself to go in.i cant go out unless i have someone with me,usually my daughter,i force myself to go shopping once a week but it would be so easy to just stay in my home where i feel safe and dont usually have panic attacks.my partner doesn't think i am "ill" and just says its all in my mind.cant go to dr's i have anxiety just thinking about it,haven't been for 11 years! lol well sorry this intro is so long :blush:

nomorepanic
10-02-10, 15:43
Hi jaynec

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

gary_2.0
10-02-10, 16:35
:welcome:

I suffer with anxiety too which has led to me being agoraphobic, and similarly very rarely go out alone. This forum is a big help though.

You're partner is correct in saying, "It is all in your head", so is a Migraine! But that doesn't mean it's not genuine.

NMP is a superb forum with a great many really helpful people. I'm feel sure you'll benefit. :yesyes:

Veronica H
10-02-10, 19:56
:welcome: Jaynec. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Here is a link to her site;

http://www.drclaireweekes.co.uk/

Veronicax

Patty
11-02-10, 01:48
Hi Jaynec, :)

:welcome:to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

Typer
11-02-10, 01:54
Hi and Welcome. The not wanting to go into shops thing is a very common one, especially pre menopausal and menopausal women. I know so many people with this one, including me. Although I do go, it is sometimes a nightmare.

Hope you find some comfort and friendship here

jaynec
11-02-10, 12:52
thankyou for your kind replies,its good to know i am not the only one with this problem,and that the symptoms i get are all part of it.
jayne x