PDA

View Full Version : heart related

prioryguy
10-02-10, 17:51
Ive had panic's etc for a few years now, homeopathy treatment usually clears it and having too much caffiene brings it about.

Ive recently had anothe bout of panic attacks and this time the chest pains have stayed.

I went to the hosp last fri as i was coughing, when i coughed it would hurt, and i would be more short of breath than usual. The suspected a clot and had blood pressure tested, blood tested, d diamer test and this showed a score of 1400 normal = 0-420 so this was sky high so they gave me some blood thinners, they took my blood again about 1 hour after those thinners were administered. The following day i had a CT test, which showed no clots - would they have checked the heart region _ arteries, veins etc? they said my heart sounds fine, valves perfect. HR = resting = 67 bpm. Pressure 140/ 90 maybe - guestimate so slightly high for someone of my age but they put that down to me being slightly overweight.

My concern is this:

when i eat i sometimes get the same sensation in the left of my chest, a less intense feeling that i got when i was having hte panic attacks. It also sometimes follows by pins & needles in my hands. I am getting really worried that the food is having a similar effect that heart diseased / angina hearts have whereby not enough oxygen is getting to the rest of the body - starvation if you will. Doesnt always happen after i eat. but other times it does. Today when it occured - i had a packet of crisps.

Im also worried about the d diamer score, if it was 1400 and not caused by a clot - why was it so high?

The dr's etc say im not in the right age group etc for heart attacks but the whole food thing is making me think there is something wrong with my heart and i cant get my mind off it. Would go back to my Gp but he's pretty useless and has the same views as the dr's at the hosp. Its weird because when i exercise, i dont get such feelings.. Why does it happen after eating / drinking?

Any advice welcome really..

prioryguy
14-02-10, 10:22
Ive been tryign to eat less and slower to see if this will aid my symptoms & it does. But woke up this morning with a sqweezing pain under my left pit, is this my artery blocked? I took an asprin and it releived the sensation.

Im still very paranoid about clots and feel that im bothering the dr's each time i go there with my concerns. Im getting to that stage where i want something to happen so i can have something done about it, or for the symptoms to go away. Its slowly grinding me down.

JT69
14-02-10, 12:22
Hi gevolution, sounds like anxiety to me. Pins and needles in the hands is certainly a symptom of it, as I get this too. I know how you feel as I have felt like this sometimes then you start to worry and the symptoms just escalate. Breathlessness is also a symptom of anxiety. When you had the tests they would of checked the whole of that area. I actually ended up at A&E on Christmas day as I had been experiencing wierd feelings in my chest are my husband checked my pulse and it was irregular. We then looked on the internet at irregular heartbeat and scared oursleves to death so ended up at hospital. They did check everything out and did find slight irregularity but put it down to anxeity and what I was going through at the time. I actually found that I used to get that funny fluttery feeling when I had eaten too!!! Put it this way if you had something wrong with your heart surely you wouldnt be able to excercise as you do (its the same for me) I go on the treadmill every day for an hour and think if I had a problem with my heart then surely I wouldnt be able to do that and I do push myself and I am overweight! Try not to worry...sorry I have ranted on a bit but hope I have helped you. Jo.

prioryguy
14-02-10, 17:16
Hey Jo.
Thanks for your input its comforting to know that others are in the same boat and have similar if not the same symptoms. I woke this morning out of my sleep with a jump - think anxiety woke me and i assumed i was having a heart attack. Had weird feeling all day between left pec and left arm pit. The pain went after exercise.. Think a regular exercise regime is in order !
Hope youre well.

ronski
14-02-10, 17:33
Geovalution maybe its anxiety and related acid regurgitation. Anxiety causes major disruption with our digestive systems and some of your symptoms with odd feelings after eating could be the cause.

prioryguy
15-02-10, 10:50
Went for an epic walk yesterday & the pain from the shoulder area has gone, also after visiting homeo the eating things dissapeared. Came into work today and felt fine initially but then around 10 started getting the symptoms again and it went a lil like this;
10.00 pain in left for-arm, crushing sensation, but nowhere else. Not short of breath
pain goes.
pain in left shoulder.
tinnitus.
10.14pins and needles in both hands
10.16 pain in back left shoulder blade area.
10.18 strange sensation in head, not with it
10.22 no more phys sym just strange head.
10.24 strong pain in right hand inbetween 4th and 3rd finger - itchy at back of head.
10.27 pain in right lower jaw abotu inch from front no other pain
feel dehydrated. office has air con.
10.30 feel worse in the head, worried of stroke, slight pain in chest area. feel hot.

Im getting sick of it, i refuse to take drugs because of the side effects. Its just got to be a matter of strong will and maybe the odd homeopathic treatment. Now the symptoms have faded i feel mega releived and like i want to goto sleep. Lol.

Pfft