PDA

View Full Version : Aspartame worries

MOMINPANIC
10-02-10, 20:40
I used to be a very big Diet Pepsi drinker, when I say big, I mean like 12 cans a day drinker. I only drink it on occasion now and am trying to quit it for good. I am really scared now about what that long-term use did to my body? Am I at increased risk for cancer now because of that, or do you think once I stop drinking it, it will leave my system permanently? I am really worried about what this has done to my body and what I can do to make it better. Anyone know anything about this?

Sambapati85
11-02-10, 00:18
there are pages of long term effects related to aspartame consumption.
How many years have you done this for ?
Yes you are at increased risk for cancer.
Will you get cancer directly from it ? That is an impossible question , you must take into account every aspect of your lifestyle . How healthy is your diet , do you exercise , do you smoke ? do you drink? Do you eat processed foods in high quantities?
Chances are if you get astrocytoma , or glioma( most common type of brain tumor , caused in the glial cells) in the future , you can safely say that aspartame had alot to do with it.
It is time that you start to focus on your health and well being through nutrition.
proper supplementation of certain vitamins , minerals , and other preventitive measures.

Typer
11-02-10, 01:24
How long did you drink 12 cans a day out of interest?

My guess is that if you are young, and if you have had no symptoms to suggest aspartame had any affects, then your body is fine and will detox itself over time.

You could try drinking 2ltr a day of water. I read that somewhere and if I do find the link, I'll post it here.

I just had a look and cant find it - but I know there are some herbal suppliments (one is Milk Thistle) that helps to detox aspartame

looking4answers
11-02-10, 01:25
nope nope nope.. you have no worries. I have a cousin that was in on these studies and says that what they concluded was that a mouse would have to eat the equivalent of a large room a day of aspartame for it to contract cancer. Making a human have to drink the equivalent of a house full to do the same. They use mice in research because the mice are the closes to our genetic structure that would prove about the same results as humans.. I have been using heavy amounts of artificial sweeteners for over 11 years no sugar or very little and there is nothing wrong with me ..But if you feel bad about using it .then switch to real sugar which is about the same as alcohol in your body. Hope you are feeling better soon and hope you don't worry to much about this.. Michael

tHamera
11-02-10, 03:57
I'll have to partially disagree with the above post. i used to drink diet coke for every day for about a year and felt very much the effects of aspartame. it took the form of nervous system twitches and anomalies when i would be on the verge of falling asleep. it stopped a little while after ceasing consumption of aspartame.

AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS. if you dont want the calories, drink well filtered water.