PDA

View Full Version : Any advice, please??

xqig95
11-02-10, 05:49
I just had a panic attack and have broke out into a total sweat..My heart feels like its going to burst out of my chest...I feel like im going to pass out my chest hurts and my head is spinning.. Is there anything i can do to make this go away? I'm crying and feel like im going insane...any help? :wacko:

Veronica H
11-02-10, 10:06
:bighug1:your nerves are sensitised, and because these symptoms are powerful then they generate fear which in turn sensitises the nerves and the cycle continues. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Here is a link to her site;

http://www.drclaireweekes.co.uk/

Veronicax

Horticus
11-02-10, 19:27
Have been in the same black hole and it is very hard to battle with panic attacks but keep it in your mind that you are not going to die it's a panic attack. Try using a paper bag to breathe into and if you can focus your mind on something even if it's counting the flowers on the curtains, I know it sounds silly but it can help. Relaxing is the key, take up breathing exercise, this helps as your brain accepts it can cope if you struggle to get your breath. Diazapam really do help but of course you can become addicted to them as I did. I now take a mix of herbs including Valerian which is so very good for my anxiety and keeps me calm, I consulted a herbalist it has taken time as it does with herbs but it really has worked. You will beat panic attacks so don't worry about them, sounds easy I know but you will.

Neverbeensoscared
12-02-10, 02:16
Tell yourself your not going to have a panic attack, That does work when you really set your mind too it. Also to get rid of the adrenaline you could excersise or go jogging. I go with my dog when i feel like im going too and it makes my body extra tired. If you are at the point of like almost passing out then i guess its time to sit up have water and focus on breathing.

deborahb
12-02-10, 14:30
I've found distraction is always a good thing as horticus said, try to focus on something else, I know its really scary, but however bad it seems,its not going to kill you its only your perception of it that makes it seem worse,try to concentrate on your breathing until its under control, I remember how bad I was but you will get through it.I hope you feel better really soon and if I could I would give you a hug Debbie - SEE MY FREE REPORT HERE http://www.banishpanicnow.com