PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been weaned off 20mg Prozac?

Purple Fish
11-02-10, 10:46
Hi, just wondering before I make an appointment with my doctor if anyone has been weaned off 20mg of Prozac? :shrug: I take 20mg a day and I`m eager to come off them as I`ll never know if I`ve actually got over my anxieties! :unsure:

I`ve been taking them for over 3 years now and have been feeling good for almost 2 years!:yahoo:

I`ve gradually gained over a stone in weight since I`ve been on them and I`m now dieting and going to the gym so I`d very much like to see the results of my hard work without the Prozac getting in the way!:curse:

Tanya xx :madness:

spaced
11-02-10, 11:47
ok you should make a doctors appointment for this i made the mistake of just stopping not really a good idea. I did ask the doc he said for a week take one every other day, then one every third day for a week but ask your own doc see what they say.

KK77
12-02-10, 17:03
Prozac is one of the only antidepressants that you can come off cold turkey because it stays in your body for over a month - but I would still advise that you do it more gradually if you can.

If you've been feeling so well for 2 years, then I think it's definitely time to find out what life is like without it.

Hope you do well.

Purple Fish
12-02-10, 19:16
Thank you I think you`re right!!

Purple Fish
15-02-10, 14:35
Well, I`m now starting to take my 20mg of Prozac every other day and I`ve marked the days on the calendar so I don`t forget!

I`ll let you know how it`s going!

Tanya xx