PDA

View Full Version : I dont want to go through this again

tashbarnes87
11-02-10, 16:13
well for some reason my anxiety is coming back maybe its because im preganant & the hormones & what not. I dont want to be in the place i was last year when i had my son, it was horrible.

All i seem to think about is my health & convinced that i will be told i have something terminal. I have a pain in my lower belly when i bend down & am convinced its tumour, i have so many symptoms of MS. I have blurred vision, burning tongue for a year now. I really could list them for hours. Im so sick of being scared of dying.

i See a fab doctor for my anxiety but he doesnt want to put me on tablets, he would prefer me to go & see him when i ahve an 'ailment' bothering me & he thinks my anxiety is mild. I think he feels that becuase i dont tell him. :( I am 22, with a gorgous Fiance, a beautiful son & a bean on the way. Why am i so scared of dying :( x

j2
11-02-10, 18:42
It is OK to be scared of dying especially when you have so much to live for. Your symptoms sound like many other's on this site who listen too closely to their bodies and then their minds get out of control. I too deal with cycle everyday. I don't have any real answers except to say that I am sure your pain and aches are anxiety related and that you will be around a long time for your kids. Good luck

Cell block H fan
11-02-10, 18:52
This is so sad, when you are so young & have great things going on in your life.
I was about your age when my HA was at its worst though. I'm 39 now & still here!
My gran used to say 'once you've had the baby you will be too busy to be worrying about illnesses', my son is 15 now & gran is long gone bless her!
I agree with your doctor, dont start taking pills, I think they just add to your worries, especially when most of them give you side affects anyway. You need to be with it & on the ball if you have children to bring up.
All of us that read this wish we could make it alright for you. Unfortunately we cant.
So doing all we can do, sending you big wishes xxxx

tashbarnes87
11-02-10, 20:23
thank you so much hun that wasa nice post, i feel so much better now my partner is at home. Its weird when he is wth me my anxiety lifts & at the weekend i bearly thin about it x

mikhail1028
11-02-10, 21:42
It is OK to be scared of dying especially when you have so much to live for. Your symptoms sound like many other's on this site who listen too closely to their bodies and then their minds get out of control. I too deal with cycle everyday. I don't have any real answers except to say that I am sure your pain and aches are anxiety related and that you will be around a long time for your kids. Good luck

Nice words,,

babydevil666
25-02-10, 20:30
thank you so much hun that wasa nice post, i feel so much better now my partner is at home. Its weird when he is wth me my anxiety lifts & at the weekend i bearly thin about it x

i know how you feel! im 20 jus had my son 13 weeks ago by c section and i always feel on edge and feel like im dying and going to leave him without a mum! i find that when my oh isnt around i hav more tme to think about things as thre is no one to talk to but as soon as hes home im fine! i hope you pregnancy goes well and u gt this sorted! always here if u need a chat! xx:yesyes:

sammie23
25-02-10, 20:36
3 weeks ago i had an abortion because i had bad anxciety and was so scared i was going to die.. I completley understand how you feel infact i feel very emotional writing this to you as at the time i felt that there was nothing else for me to do but abort the pregnancy which i regret very much so. I also asked my doctor on 3 occations for mediation and he kept refusing and everyday i just got worse and worse. What im saying is see your doctor again and if you feel that the meds would help you then demand them from him because i think if i had been given the tablets i still would have been pregnant too.. Hope your ok hun. See him again xxx

joyce1980
25-02-10, 23:01
I took zoloft 50mg throughout my pregnancy, bub is nearly 5 months and quite an advanced little critter too lol

I have been saying this all along tash hon, cant hurt to try, I guess I am just amazed that your Dr has let you go on like this..

Do what I did, go book an appointment with a psychiatrist and they can point you in the right direction, cos anxiety, ocd, depression are a lot of the time, a simple chemical imbalance and pregnancy sure does make it worse,

x x x x x xx

joyce1980
25-02-10, 23:02
Sammie,

Are you seeing a professional for all that you have been through?? I'm sending you a big big hug matey.

sammie23
26-02-10, 15:41
Hi Joyce. Thanks for the big hug. Yes doctor is finally refering me and has put me back on the tablets but it still doesnt take away the hurt and guilt i feel, but at the time Joyce there was nothing else for me to do. Hopefully in time when i begin to feel better within myself i can hopefully try again but this time i would be staying on the meds and not letting them take them from me :)

joyce1980
27-02-10, 23:36
Hi Joyce. Thanks for the big hug. Yes doctor is finally refering me and has put me back on the tablets but it still doesnt take away the hurt and guilt i feel, but at the time Joyce there was nothing else for me to do. Hopefully in time when i begin to feel better within myself i can hopefully try again but this time i would be staying on the meds and not letting them take them from me :)

I feel for you, dont judge yourself too hard and give yourself time to heal.:hugs:
Zoloft was just fine for me in pregnancy and my bubby had no problems:yesyes:

Your a brave person, I am sorry the Dr let you down honey