PDA

View Full Version : feel the need to be alone during panic attack

puppyskin
11-02-10, 22:59
is anyone else like this or just me,i cant even have the dog in the same room during attack.odd?????

maybeoneday
11-02-10, 23:12
im the same, i can cope better if imon my own,it goes quicker.

Corinne
11-02-10, 23:13
No, it's not odd at all. People make me even more nervous if I'm having a panic attack. I'd rather get through it alone. Also, I don't like to embarrass myself. If I have to pace, cry, pray or whatever, I don't want anyone around.

puppyskin
11-02-10, 23:19
im not really sure what it is,even the people i love the most just freak me out in full panic mode,at the time i dont think about embarrassing myself im just too petrified,well at least im not alone.

maybeoneday
11-02-10, 23:43
bless you, i dont have many, they used to scare me but i dont let them now, i go with them and they soon pass,

Corinne
11-02-10, 23:46
I probably used the wrong word. Embarrassing myself is a little too much. I just need to be free (without onlookers) to do what I need to do to get through it. Also, if I have to take my meds, sometimes I just want to lay down and do yoga breathing. People asking what they can do or if I'm OK does not help me.

NeverRelaxed
11-02-10, 23:52
I have to be on my own when Im rly anxious...Im essentially a loner anyway, by nature...So it suits me better to ride everything out on my own.

mandie
11-02-10, 23:58
i prefer to be on my own when im having panic attack.

dont like anyone looking at me, also i think i can calm down quicker when im on my own

mandie x

puppyskin
12-02-10, 00:09
people just freak me out,really odd sensation.x

NeverRelaxed
12-02-10, 00:22
yeah, they make me feel jumpy and on edge....and when I hear people around me having a seemingly normal conversation it just seems so alien and far off from where my head is at at that particular time. Which ofc, makes me feel worse/v.weird

Going home
12-02-10, 00:23
Ive only just thought about it but I guess I end up alone when having a panic because I feel the need to get away from wherever I am at the time, so anyone who is with me has to sort of catch up with me. Ive been known to get off trains and buses in the middle of an attack and leave my poor daughter behind looking quite bewildered..the need to get away happens so quickly. Then she had to scramble to follow me!:blush: This was when she was in her teens by the way not as a little'un :) Thankfully these panics don't happen now, though I do have to take a deep breath some days before going outside, but mostly I think i'm getting better...there are definately more good days than bad.

Anna xx

Ronny
12-02-10, 00:49
I need someone with me as I think i am going to die I am not agrophobic.I am usually quiet well,but then Bingo out of the blue it hits me.My husband and Lifeline guide me back to reality without them both close by I would not be here today.:)