PDA

View Full Version : Bad Headache.....Panicing.

debs180
11-02-10, 23:00
Im having a moment and finding it hard to keep the panic away...... ive got a bad headache.
Ive had bad heads now for months..... pressure, headaches etc. But for some reason this 1 just feels different. More painful and pain killers arent touching it. I feel abit sick and slightly dizzy. I tried to get some sleep but the panic keeps taking over.
Im frightened of having another panic attack, and im frightened the headache is going to get worse.......im just frightened.

Debs x

puppyskin
11-02-10, 23:10
hi debs,same thing happened to me today,headache like never before,i find there is no set pattern to symptoms maybe just different muscles are tensing up that have not yet had a workout,i think thats the reason for so many different types of sensations and pains im sure you will be fine,Andrew x

pussy cat
11-02-10, 23:28
don,t worry debs we know how you feel - what painkillers have you taken ? you can take paracetamol every 4 hrs & at the same time ibroprufin every 4 hrs - in other words 2x paracetamol & then 2hrs later 2x ibroprufin - if that doesn,t help 2hrs later another 2x paracetamol etc,try & keep calm & relax - i know easier said than done.xx

debs180
11-02-10, 23:54
Thanks guys,
Ive been taking paracetamol and ibropufen. My headache started at about 5pm and its gradually got worse.....im actually now frightened to go to sleep. Its pounding along my forehead and throbs really bad when i lean forward, and a really throbbing ache all over really. Tension or something worse...... ??

xx

puppyskin
11-02-10, 23:58
sinus pressure if its worse when you lean forward is my guess.x

Going home
12-02-10, 00:26
yes sounds like sinus to me too, and these headaches can be very painful...do you suffer with sinus problems, or have you recently had a cold?

debs180
12-02-10, 09:18
HI,
No ive not had a cold and ive never suffered with any sinus issues either. The thumping and pounding has eased this morning, but ive still got the headache, and it feels as thought it could get worse again.
Ive had headaches for years, and ive just got over 1 that lasted for around 7/8 weeks constant. So this one scared me because it was just so more intense than any ive experianced. As i worry about tumours and brain related issues a headache of any form always sends me into panic mode, but this 1 got the better of me!
Thank you for replying all.

Debs xx