PDA

View Full Version : Smoking/Infection

Ruby94
12-02-10, 02:03
As from my recent post i started smoking again it was a stupid mistake and i now really regret it because im scared im going to end up in hospital with another chest infection which i cudnt breathe atall, i was rushed in and had a mask put on my face.. im not sure the smoking caused it or helped it but, ive been smoking menthols.. is this ok ? Will i be ok ive only had 4 in the last 2 days .. ive been stressed out recently and they've helped but now im scared it was a bad mistake?

NeverRelaxed
12-02-10, 02:29
smoking anything is nt ok rly...I mean, im positive you know this and dont mean to scare you....If you've only had four in the last two days then make them your last.

Id been smoke free for two weeks and stupidly started again...yes, they are a good quick fix in times of stress but in the long run they made me feel worse as Ive also had chest symptoms...

Adelle
12-02-10, 03:33
Its so hard isnt it. It crazy that us having health anxiety still smoke. I guess its the stress of worrying all the time. Ive tried to quit so many times. Still trying. Keep up trying.x

ZoJo
12-02-10, 08:49
Don't beat yourself up over smoking again - the main thing is that you want to give up! As for 4 menthols in 2 days again, don't worry! Put it behind you and try again. Just keep on trying, I have been 'smoke free' for three years now and if I had a pound for the times before I was going to give up......!! Its hard, really hard - but it can be done. I printed off a timeline that tells you how good your body is after so many hours, then so many days etc which helped. Good luck, put it behind you and start again xx

Lissy43
12-02-10, 12:05
If you are that worried then just stop smoking now for good.

Don't worry yourself though about the last couple of days x