PDA

View Full Version : New Meds question...

IllegallyBlond
12-02-10, 04:07
Hi everyone! I have health anxiety and currently take Klonopin for it. Today I went to the doctor to explain this insomnia I have had in the last couple weeks. He told me that he thinks I'm bipolar and prescribe me Abilify. I have taken anti depressants before, and they actually put me into depression. Has anyone else taken this, and has it helped. I'm the type of person who hates taking meds. It took me 3 months of looking at the klonopin bottle before I actually took one. I always read the pamphlet, and think that I'm going to have every side effect possible. I just need a little advise, or encouragement about this medicine. Thanks everyone!

tnt808
12-02-10, 04:51
Hi,

I have no personal experience with Abilify, but my friends son who is Bipolar has been on it for a few years now. It has changed his quality of life according to my friend- and hers as well.
I never read the pamplets, as I too will definitely have all of the side effects. Best of luck to you!

KK77
12-02-10, 17:42
What sort of doctor diagnosed you with Bipolar? A lot of doctors seem to like doing this and then prescribe antipsychotics like Abilify. I personally think that these drugs should only be prescribed in severe cases of mental illness like schizophrenia because of the potential side effects.

I would recommend seeing a psychiatrist that can more accurately diagnose your condition if it was a family doctor that you saw.

Take care and hope you feel better soon.

IllegallyBlond
13-02-10, 08:45
Thanks Mic. I haven't taken them. My whole family told me to go get a second opinion. All I told the doctor is that I need my RX refilled, and that I was having trouble sleeping. Then he said, I think you are bi polar. I was kind of in shock. He asked if I had mood swings, and I said when I have PMS... But what woman doesn't? I didn't see my regular doctor though, I seen her PA. I will be going back next week, as I am still having trouble falling asleep. Thanks for the advise.

:hugs:

IllegallyBlond
13-02-10, 08:46
Oh and the side effects of Ablifiy is ANXIETY! Like I need more of that... :roflmao: