PDA

View Full Version : Question about oils and vitamins

vernon
02-01-06, 12:23
Hi, Was wondering about omega 3, is this the same as taking cod liver oil? And does it really benefit our health as much as it’s said? I can get bottled cod liver oil fairly cheap at Lloyd’s chemist as I find you don’t get much in capsules. I also have repeat prescriptions for Vitamin B compound strong tablets but don’t seem any different when taking these. Lots of questions LOL. Also last thing is Holland and barret the best and cheapest place to get these things? Mainly omega 3 was just thinking of trying it. Thanks all. Vernon

Meg
02-01-06, 13:12
Vernon

The research keeps on coming out positive - time after time now.

Cod liver oil does contain omega 3 essential oils plus added benefit of Vit D. The omega 3 pills are similar but concentrated so you get more omega 3 in a pill than in a spoon of Cod liver oil

Vitamin B supports the nervous system and is not designed to relieve anxiety but keep the nervous system in a better state to cope with it. If you're no longer anxious all the time, you don't need it as much

I used www.healthspan.co.uk.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

vernon
02-01-06, 13:31
Thanks Meg. So Cod liver oil is the same as amegs 3?

Piglet
02-01-06, 14:39
Verny Happy New Year Mate :D

For the last few years on and off I have been taking Udo's Oil from the health food shop.

This has a balance of all the omega's and is very highly rated - it's lovely on food like pasta or rice but it does come in capsules too.

It's flipping expensive but good!!!!

Not that you will care about this extra benefit, but boy does it make my skin soft and clear.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

vernon
02-01-06, 17:29
thanks Piglet I looked that one up and found, on holland and barrett site, Omega 3-6-9 caps 60 Normally: £9.99 Now: £4.84? is this the same thing? it seems so cheap. the page is

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product.asp?xs=82674024FB444C6CA8E436E53E996543&PID=658&np=1&cpid=697

bonzarinababy
02-01-06, 19:52
Hi Vernon

I’m no expert but have been taking Omega 3, 6 & 9 in a veggie form for about a year since I found out it was meant to help with depression and other things… then I saw a horizon programme which went into more depth about how good omega 3 is – some brief info below;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/fish.shtml

but being veggie I don’t eat fish – hence doing some further research into it and finding out about the omega zen than I posted under natural remedies… basically, as I understand it, although flax seed/nuts etc are good vegetarian alternatives, marine algae is supposed to be a better alternative if you don’t eat fish.

Having said all that though it seems you eat fish, in which case I’m sure a fish based source is best (like the one you posted) – plus is cheaper! :)

And I’m sure anything is better than nothing too :D

BB x

Worry gives a small thing a big shadow.

vernon
03-01-06, 00:00
Thanks Bonz, that site was worth looking at very interesting